Java Thread

Pics
Hi!

I thought I'd post some updated pics on my Java chicks with the Auburn gene. Right now, I have three cockerels and ten pullets growing out. They were selected form a group of chicks based on amount of color. I'll choose breeders from this group based on type when they get a bit older.

The oldest cockerel:

26987_javacockereldavey.jpg

A pullet:

26987_javapullet.jpg

Another pullet:

26987_javapulletanna.jpg

Gee. Reading this thread sure makes me sad for the sweet Java girl I lost this summer. She had babies this spring and died when they were about 8 weeks old. R.I.P dear Flash, I still miss you so much!...
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

21251_picture_222.jpg

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer. Javas are wonderful.

Quote:
So sorry to hear you lost your girl... I glad you have some of her chicks... that helps soften the loss I'm sure.

Afternoon to All... I have 11 cockerals to choose from this Summer. I have two already picked out, I think. One is awesome in color, size, waddles and combs, I won't change my mind about him. The other one is also large but doesn't have the totally slate legs that's needed. I'm gonna wait with the 11 and maybe change my mind, about my 2nd choice. I really like to give them a fair chance. Some really develop slower than others. My flock is mostly nice sized birds though. The cockerals are crowing up a storm now for sure. They are 15 weeks.
~ bigzio

Afternoon All... OK as soon as I get some pics I will...Please be patient with me however. I'm in the middle of canning season...we save alot of food here for the whole extened family and with the culling I'm also busy with that. I will post as soon as I can though....I would like to have some nice pics to share as soon as possible.

The more I work with this breed the more I like them. They are here to stay on the hill. It's no wonder they were the breed of choice at one time. I'm glad I have a flock to work with.

~ bigzio

Back
Top Bottom