Java Thread

Pics
Just wondering if there is anyone on the forum knowledgeable enough about the Mottled Java to say if it is an acceptable fault with the Mottled to have some white in the wing feathers.

Evening to All...Finally have some pics to share. These prolly aren't the finest pics, but good enough til I can take some better ones to share.
This is Hugo, my favorite black java cockeral....

182_chickens_004.jpg

182_chickens_013.jpg

Heris a pic of another cockeral that's maybe on the safe list.

182_chickens_005.jpg

They are really growing fast now. I would like to keep more than two, however that would create even more work. Go ahead and be as critical as you want. I won't feel bad or hurt, it's all part of the process....pictures don't do Hugo justice really.

Have a great week end.... ~ bigzio

Hi BigZio -

Nice to see some pics of your birds!

It's hard to be sure from the pic angle, but Hugo looks pretty good! He's got a nice tail, and his back angle looks correct. Hard to tell for the other bird. His breast looks pretty full for a cockerel, and I'm sure he'll fill out more as he grows. Feathers are a nice glossy black, and the shank color is good.

I do think that the first points on tbirds he comb of both are a bit too far forward for a Java, but that's pretty minor. The eye color is a off, too. According to the standard, blacks should have dark eyes, while reddish bay is acceptable for mottled. Both bird's eyes look yellow in these pics - are they that way in person, too?

Thanks for the comments tmc. I 'm happy with this brood I have from a breeder close by. I will share some more pics when i can. I have nothing to hide, but only share for sure. The breed is amazing. The longer I spend time with them, the more I become how amazing this wonderful breed is. They have more tolerance, like no other breed I've worked with. I'm really glad they are here on the Hill.
~ bigzio

I've been watching this thread for a while now. I currently have BLR wyandottes, BC Marans, 1 golden cuckoo maran, and a couple white rocks. I've been thinking of adding one more breed, and the mottled javas have really caught my attention. Does anyone know of anyone that has some for sale? I'm in MD, but don't mind if they are shipped. Thanks

abrehmer...welcome to the forum...sent you a pm back. Stop by the cheeseheads thread and visit with us all.
The javas are growing well. No eggs yet, but I'm thinkin it won't be long now. Some of the pullets have that song going that says eggs soon!
Hope everyone is doing well... ~ bigzio

Evening to all. Just stopped by to let you know that I got my first java eggs today. The birds will be 23 weeks tomorrow. I figured they were singing for a reason. I hope everyones flock is fine.
~ bigzio

Back
Top Bottom