Java Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Chickielady

Chickielady Spiritwood Farms Premium Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    Quote:I would contact javachick, she is in IN so is a bit closer to you, for hatching eggs.

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Sent you a PM....good breeder within minutes from you. He has both chicks and hatching eggs. Makes sense to avoid shipping. He has nice birds.
    ~ bigzio

3. haTHOR

haTHOR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    i could not see the pic of my grandbaby, lol! would you try reposting? happy he is turning our for you but i would LOVE to see him myself.

4. Chickielady

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    here he is again, following me around looking for a treat..not a very good phot, but he is perfect, type, comb, feet, everything!

[​IMG]

I promise I will get out there and pose him for better pics as soon as I can, and the pullet too, she is just as pretty!

5. Chickielady

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    OK, better posts for hsTHOR:::
    [​IMG]
    Note 'type' here..the birds stance and back are nice and level...
    [​IMG]
    note pullet's 'type'
    They are turning out to quite beautiful yet still at the awkward age..I LOVE them !

6. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:Awww ! He looks great ! [​IMG]

7. brn325

brn325 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here is some of my javas.

8. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Nice pics and thanks for sharing.... the combs need 5 distinct points.... always room for improvement. I know you all know that the perfect chicken is still out there...i'm still trying, and hope you are too!

The standard of perfection has artist pictures of what should beeee, no pics of what is suppose to be perfect! No such thing as a perfect specimen. Just keep trying, like me!
    ~ bigzio

9. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Rochester, IL
    picked up two more Java hens yesterday. One is black and I know have two that have some gold lacing. They are going into my breeding pen with my Auburn Java, Sgt. Peppers

[​IMG]

I just can't stop myself from posting his pics!

10. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    I wish y'all the best of fortune with these Auburn Javas. From the pictures there is no doubt that they need a lot of work! Mary Ann had told me they were a mess. (She received the auburns from Garfield farms to try and straighten them out). Now I see just what she was talking about.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by