Java Thread

Pics
Quote:
So, if I understand what you wrote, you want to sell them and also dictate how they are utilized in the future?

I think she wants to sell them instead of eating them...

Quote:
So, if I understand what you wrote, you want to sell them and also dictate how they are utilized in the future?

X2 she wants to sell them instead of eating them..

Quote:

Thank you both. THAT was exactly my point.

They look too nice and too rare, to eat !
Can you post ages/how many hens?/how many cockbirds?
Hopefully a breeder will scoop them up, I am way too far away..sometimes that is a good thing !
lol.png

Quote:
Hi there,

I have 3 hens age almost 12 months. 1 Rooster 13-14 months. They are breeding, I have hatched some of their chicks. They are not snuggly but have never been mean. i really think they are good examples of the breed. I would hate to eat them
sad.png
(although I could not
wink.png
)

Quote:
Deep south rsf31. I'm not sure you can get here from your place. lol.

Actually, right now the number is more than 400 birds because I've been hatching since the week before Christmas. I've had to learn about Javas whether I like them or not: my middle son has been raising them for more than a decade now. Me? I pay the feed bill and raise the Games/Orientals.

State Vet is very peculiar about us letting folks visit our birds.

For pictures of my stuff; they are found on a regular basis in Backyard Poultry Mag. I've had an article in each of them since they started back up 5/6 years ago.

You know it's really hard to tell if a post is honestly asking a question or being sarcastic. Not sure about yours rsf: hopefully the former and not the latter. I like to think better of folks, but sometimes I get them all wrong.

Heck no! I was being straight with you. I would hate to upet the State Vet, but I would like to see your flock.

What got you into Games? What are their good points?

What does your son think of Java's that you don't agree with?

He loves them. Always has. I guess I kinda like them too. Heck, I've been around the long enough!

He has both Mottled and Blacks, but prefers the Mottled.

Back when he started with them size was an issue, but most folks have taken care of that. Craig Russell and Duane Urch really worked on size and the size of the egg. Through the years, Monte Bowen has done as much or more than anyone on overall production and the look of the bird.

I would guess, and it is just a guess, that Monte hatches, culls and raises more Javas than anyone in the States; and has for more than 10-15 years now. Last time he sent my son some eggs I think he sent something like 48! lol.

Mary Ann Harley got rid of her whole flock of Javas a couple of years back; then was contacted by Garfield Farms about raising the Auburns and getting them right. So they sent her a bunch. I'm guessing MA still has them as she has not told me other wise.

Me and Games? I come from a long line of cockers. I don't cock and never have but I have always loved the birds; their courage, vitality, human friendliness.....colors. I just enjoy them. I try to exhibit them on a regular basis.

I ask everyone's pardon for this post. rsf ask for some photos so; I'll post a few. I'm not meaning to hijack the post or to throw it off the topic of Javas. Please forgive me. Some of these photos will be in the next issue of Backyard Poultry along with an article I've done on breeding.

picturesforbpa021.jpg

picturesforbp015.jpg

picturesforbp010.jpg

picturesforbp008.jpg

jan2011d018.jpg

jan2011b014.jpg

jan2011a021.jpg

jan2011021.jpg

jan2011003.jpg

halloweenbirds006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom