Java Thread

Only 4 more days till lock down of the eggs you sent me Chickielady.
yippiechickie.gif
I'm so excited!!! I just wish it wasn't so **** hot, I have had the misters turned on my meatie pen for the past 4 days. I don't know what else to do for them. Poor little fatties, they may go to butcher early and be fryers instead of roasters. Hope everyone has had a amazing 4th of July celebration!

Java's are so funny!

Our rooster, for some reason inexplicable to me, has determined that the water hose is evil, pure evil! And he chases all the hens FAR away from evil, evil water hose!

So today, I fill up some tinfoil pie plates (the disposable ones), as our chicks are tiny and I didn't want a kiddie pool drowning. I use these same pie plates to serve treats! So I place them strategically around the run in shady spots, favorite spots, etc......and fill them using evil, evil water hose.

They NEVER went into the water! Rooster kept them ALL far away from the suspicious pie plates. He REMEMBERED the hose filled 'em!

So, tomorrow am, I'm getting red grapes (chicken version of chocolate). And plopping red grapes in the water. It'll be irresistable! And I'll fill the pie plates with a watering can instead of evil hose!
hide.gif

I am so excited. I have been looking for Javas locally for over 2 years, and I found a breeder when I went to pick up some Orpingtons. The breeder was getting rid of the Orpingtons to make room for more Javas. He has a waiting list, and won't be hatching eggs until fall, but I am on the waiting list. I have one mottled java hen that is my favorite of the layers, and has been an amazing broody. I can't wait to have more. I will definitely watch out for the evil water hose. Love that story. It is not surprising that so many children's books have been written about chickens.

Weldcome to Java's! Have you checked for breeders on the Java Breeders of America website?

(www.javabreedersofamerica.com) I've not had to use the listing before, but I know folks who have. Welcome!
Yes, that was the first place I looked, but there is no one in my area. If this falls through, I will be ordering chicks next spring. I always think about it after they are all gone. I am not planning to show, so I was just looking for breeder quality.

cindy

I have an AJ roo that I need to find a home for. If anyone lives near Omaha, NE and would like to have him please P.M. me. He will be 3 months old on the 9th. I can deliver him within a reasonable distance.

Last edited:
He's very handsome - hope someone will be interested!

I've got 4 known BJ cockerals out of 12 chicks. As some are still young, it's still hard to tell. Breaks my heart, but I'm in need of pullets not cockerals. Unless our rooster, "Roaster" keeps figting with my spouse....then I'll only have 3 to deal with.

Thank you Life is Good. The hatching eggs he came from were from Soaring Chicks. Hatch rate was amazing but sadly I got 7 of 9 roo's. I kept him and another one but have decided to just have a trio instead of 2 pairs. I have SQ black java's and nankins hatching this next week and those will be my primary focus. The AJ's are mostly for fun as they are a project bird. Thank you again for your kind words. I'll keep my fingers crossed the chicken stork will leave little pullets for you.

Last edited:
Only 4 more days till lock down of the eggs you sent me Chickielady.
yippiechickie.gif
I'm so excited!!! I just wish it wasn't so **** hot, I have had the misters turned on my meatie pen for the past 4 days. I don't know what else to do for them. Poor little fatties, they may go to butcher early and be fryers instead of roasters. Hope everyone has had a amazing 4th of July celebration!
I am doing my fatties this Saturday, and got another deliver of another 28 fatties last Monday
frow.gif

We call them Corn Balls
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom