Jen from N.H.!

Thisbirdsabsurd

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2015
Hi all, just taking a minute to introduce myself. I moved to NH a year ago and I'm loving living away from the hustle and bustle. It was my intention to get chickens when I moved here, and as luck would have it, my house came with two barred rock ladies. I've since expanded a bit with four New Hampshires a couple of buff orpingtons and a partridge roo who is a pretty great guy. :)
I'm an artist, so I get to spend most of my time here with the chickens, my three dogs, two cats and three parrots. I'm doing my best not to become the crazy old lady in the woods - lol!
I've been following BYC on Facebook for the past year and love all the great info. Nice to meet you!

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!

Glad to have you join our community! It sounds like you have a great flock! I would love to see pictures.

Do you plan on getting chicks in the spring? I hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do! Oh and feel free to

ask any questions that you have!

welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Thanks so much! Probably a few more chicks in the spring. I have a fairly large coop, so there's room for more! I'd love to get a few more buff orpingtons! They've been great layers and good personalities. Anyone else have favorites they'd recommend?
Here are a few pics.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

What lovely pictures!! Your flock is pretty and your dog is adorable!

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

You have some lovely chickens! One favorite breed that I would personally recommend is the Wyandotte. I've had good experiences with mine, as they've been very good layers, hardy through cold and heat, and have had excellent temperaments.

Hi :welcome Jen

Glad you could join the flock! Love your pics! Good luck on getting more in the spring I hope all goes well for you.
Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Thanks for posting the pics. You have a beautiful flock. If you're going to get some more chickens, I would recommend getting some Black Sex Link pullets (Black Stars), which are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Greetings! Welcome to BYC! Feel free to ask any questions you may have! This site is a great resource, I'm sure you'll find answers to all your questions here. :)
frow.gif
Lovely flock you have there! So glad you could join us!

Back
Top Bottom