Jersey Giant? Pullets or Roos?

Bravo

Songster
10 Years
Aug 24, 2009
CA
I bought these 2 "girls" on Saturday to add some body heat to the coop (due to my husbands desperate pleas to move my 3 other 3 month-old gals out of the garage). Wish someone told me how addictive chickens really were before hand!

The guy I bought them from said they were Jersey Giants and about 4 months old. None are laying yet. They are a lot bigger than my 3m/o EE's and about 5lbs each.

Are these really Jersey Giants and if not, what? Also, are they pullets or roos?

There are two so lets call them #1 and #2. A few of my 4 wk old EE chicks snuck in the picture so ignore those little ones!

#1 and #2 (left to right, #1 has the tail)
CIMG5605.jpg

#2 foreground, #1 background
CIMG5602.jpg

CIMG5604.jpg

1back.jpg

1face.jpg

1feet.jpg

1down.jpg

2back.jpg

2face.jpg

2foot.jpg

Thanks guys and happy Thanksgiving!!

Is the light part on their feet yellow or pinkish white?

Both girls, I think.

Thanks all!

I thought they looked a bit suspicious
smile.png
One has some yellow on her feet but the other has a pinkish pigment.

They really seem to be getting along well with the others. They are so gentle with the 4wk olds (I cant even trust my 12wk olds near the babies because they are too aggressive) so they are allowed to intermingle on neutral territory lol.

Does the 4 month age seem right based on their pictures? Hopefully they will be good layers if they are (or are mixed with black aussie).

Ps. didnt realize my dogs were in the background in one of those pics! They are pigging out on a head of lettuce that was intended for the chickens. Just didnt want anyone to think they were eating a chick LOL!

Quote:
I love mine, too! They're beautiful and sweet. But be warned, they're Houdini's when it comes to escaping, coops, brooders, anything!
he.gif
somad.gif
he.gif
But other than that, they're sweet little birds, and cute, too!

Back
Top Bottom