Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

I will be building my incubator as soon as I recover from a leg problem. My plan was to buy some Silver Penciled Rocks and one other breed. Was wondering if Jersey Giants would be a good choice?

I live in extreme SE Louisiana and the heat/humidity here is beyond brutal! Would the Jersey Giants handle these conditions OK?

Last edited:
FINALLY! I have my first chicks from Leggs and his 2 black hens.

31282_lavchicks10.jpg

Leggs is in the background of this picture. He is now 9 months old, and of course, is still growing.

31282_ship3-21-2011007.jpg

Hey, Bill - my Jerseys have just begun to lay; only two of my small flock is laying, but hopefully the other gals will begin soon!
fl.gif

Wynette,
This is unbelievable! Remember when I hatched Leggs? He was the only egg left in the incubator, and I "forgot," about him?

Today, day 23 of my hatch, and I had left the bator plugged in, with the intention of cleaning it today. To my surprise I have a Jersey Giant chick just coming out of the shell ! ! ! The egg is just huge, and I am wondering if that is what is happening, causing a late hatch.

hey guys i was wondering if i ordered eggs from a breeder that had a flock of giants and there were three diff roos colered blue ,black,splash and blkack and blue hens, do u think it would be ok to hatch there offspring because of three diff roos? would it be ok to take the chance to breed them or sell what i dont want and get more from a diff breeder? thanks

Back
Top Bottom