Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Maria is awesome! I purchased hatching eggs from her this year. I have 6 from her line, 2 month olds and 1 month old.dang are they big!

So, from what I've seen and you just said, cabinchicky, I guess I can expect my little babies to get bigger pretty fast in the next 4-5 weeks? Shoot, they're growing like weeds already! So fun to watch!

Maria is awesome! I purchased hatching eggs from her this year. I have 6 from her line, 2 month olds and 1 month old.dang are they big!

So, from what I've seen and you just said, cabinchicky, I guess I can expect my little babies to get bigger pretty fast in the next 4-5 weeks?  Shoot, they're growing like weeds already!  So fun to watch!

Yes very big. They were originally to replace turkeys on the dinner table. So yeah big birds. They put body mass on after 18 months.

At six-seven months my cockerels are not up to weight by no means, but still the biggest drumsticks I've ever saw on a chicken, and very dark meat, like turkey. The breast, while not filled out like a cornishX is still very long and makes up for it. Very tender tasty birds. Hope to try large roasting capons this winter from our hatch.

Is this a pullet or cockerel? I have two and they look similar but if this one is one gender then the other is the opposite. They are about 6 months old but I cannot really tell who is who.

Back
Top Bottom