Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Well Sat is the show in Sedalia Mo and I got a reply from the contact person that there are JG's entered
celebrate.gif

I cannot wait to just see all the poultry!!!!!!

Herman
YAY!!! Wish I could go, would love to meet you, Herman! I went to college not far from there - it's a lovely area. PLEASE PLEASE get loads of pics for us, won't you?

YAY!!! Wish I could go, would love to meet you, Herman! I went to college not far from there - it's a lovely area. PLEASE PLEASE get loads of pics for us, won't you?
Would be great to meet Wynette, hopefully we will meet someday!!!!!

Will be taking pics but only have a cell phone camera so will have to do........

Also if anyone is going to be there pm me and maybe we could meet......

Would be great to meet Wynette, hopefully we will meet someday!!!!!

Will be taking pics but only have a cell phone camera so will have to do........

Also if anyone is going to be there pm me and maybe we could meet......

Showing poultry is a great joy.
love.gif
I just love showing off my JG and getting that first WOW on how big they are. You enjoy your self and there is alot of information out there at the shows. Those people LOVE to talk about chickens. Can you blame them!
droolin.gif

Sending you the best of luck with your entries.

I got my first JG two weeks ago and have been doing some research on them. I do have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me with.
1. Do they like fruit? I have pear, apple, plum, peach trees and grow strawberries. I was just wondering if anyone knows if they eat any of these fruits.
2. Can JG be feather sexed? I have 5 and I am hoping I get at least one roo and some hens to be able to get the hens to raise some more chicks for me. Hopefully! :)
Thank you

I got my first JG two weeks ago and have been doing some research on them. I do have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me with.
1. Do they like fruit? I have pear, apple, plum, peach trees and grow strawberries. I was just wondering if anyone knows if they eat any of these fruits.
2. Can JG be feather sexed? I have 5 and I am hoping I get at least one roo and some hens to be able to get the hens to raise some more chicks for me. Hopefully! :)
Thank you
1. Yes.
2. See posts above.

Welcome to the thread!

1. My Giants eat almost anything love fresh fruit slightly frozen in the hot summer months. mellons the best.
2. I have tried and tried to sex my JG chicks no prevail.
hu.gif
So I just wait until they show signs I can usually tell by the legs and combs first
fl.gif

I just had my fist batch of the season hatch put 24 in bator: put 19 in lock down: 16 hatched lost one. Over all good %
jumpy.gif

It's been an odd hatching year. I've had several folks mention to me they were having odd hatches. I set 27 eggs my last hatch, only 13 made it to lockdown, and 11 hatched. And these eggs were picked up, not shipped. Still, I'm really happy about them, looking so forward to watching them grow out!

Thank you 4-hmother! I guess I will just have to wait a little longer to see what I have. lol I don't mind. I am excited to be able to raise them!
Good luck on your hatch!

It's been an odd hatching year. I've had several folks mention to me they were having odd hatches. I set 27 eggs my last hatch, only 13 made it to lockdown, and 11 hatched. And these eggs were picked up, not shipped. Still, I'm really happy about them, looking so forward to watching them grow out!
Well, my hatch went horrible. Set 2 dozen eggs from a breeder, I went and picked up, and my instruments were off. The first one hatched early, ripped its abdomen, made a real mess out of the bator. Next one pipped on the wrong end of egg, drown while we were gone, took the dead ones out, and the rest died in the eggs, fully developed. My issue was with incubation, and I went right out and bought a different bator, and set 30+ more eggs last Friday. I have a dozen+ eggs sitting on the counter as we speak, and am waiting til this Friday to check my fertility rate. If it is low, or so-so, I will start eating that dozen+ eggs, checking the fertility on them, and start saving more eggs after that. My bator can only hold 41 eggs in the turner, so I will still have a few to eat in between filling the bator.

Back
Top Bottom