Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Yup.
smile.png

My Blacks are starting to hatch also, last I heard, I have 4 out, 8 pipped, and 12 just chillin. I will try to get some pictures when I get a chance, today is day 21. I will also be refilling the bator tonight, I have about 4 dozen fertile eggs on my counter now, so I will filler up, and see if I can get this hatching thing down.

UPDATE: I now have 10 chicks out, 2 zipping, and at least 5 more pipped!!!

Last edited:

The PNPA double-show on April 20. was a slam-dunk for the Giants! In the first show a blue JG hen took best in class, in the second show a black JG hen took best in class, with the blue reserve class. The youth show was won by a boy and his Jersey Giant!!

I am enjoying reading about the JG's! I have a few that I got from a private breeder here in AL. My hubby and I are hoping that we will wind up with a roo and a couple of hens at least.
We just want to raise them for meat birds and eggs. How are the hens at raising her own chicks? I do not have a bator and do not want to have to get one.

I've
I am enjoying reading about the JG's! I have a few that I got from a private breeder here in AL. My hubby and I are hoping that we will wind up with a roo and a couple of hens at least. 
We just want to raise them for meat birds and eggs. How are the hens at raising her own chicks? I do not have a bator and do not want to have to get one. 

I've not let them set on eggs, though I had one that wouldn't give up hope until today when I finally decided to put some eggs under her and discovered she was finally off the nest! I think they'd be good momma's.

Back
Top Bottom