Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Here are my Giants (1 1/2 months old) I THINK the two on the sides are females and the one in the middle is a male. They LOVE bacon and strawberries! <3
OK so I went out and throughly checked them over and the one with the small comb is the male... he has longer feathers on his chest and pointed-tipped tail feathers like males are suppose to have. Also males (supposedly) take longer to grow their combs/waddles I am 100% sure he is a male. Just wanted to let everyone know. ;D

OK so I went out and throughly checked them over and the one with the small comb is the male... he has longer feathers on his chest and pointed-tipped tail feathers like males are suppose to have. Also males (supposedly) take longer to grow their combs/waddles I am 100% sure he is a male. Just wanted to let everyone know. ;D
I hope your right as I have more that look like the two with the red combs and waddles.

I believe mine are lil roos that look like your two but I am new.

Never heard about the pointy feathers but would think that is as adults and or after they have molted into adult plumage.

Like I said I am newbie and hope you are right.........

Please keep us updated as I know I am always learning.......

My little JG are just barely a month old and still very small. I was wondering at what age it might be easy to tell how many hens or roos I have? I only have 4 but I am very excited about raising them!

My Blacks are starting to hatch also, last I heard, I have 4 out, 8 pipped, and 12 just chillin. I will try to get some pictures when I get a chance, today is day 21. I will also be refilling the bator tonight, I have about 4 dozen fertile eggs on my counter now, so I will filler up, and see if I can get this hatching thing down.

UPDATE: I now have 10 chicks out, 2 zipping, and at least 5 more pipped!!!
I ended up with 22 chicks out of the 24 eggs that made it to lock down!! I will try to get some pictures at some point, when I find time.

Herman, they both look like blues to me; the first hatchling, very dark blue; the second, medium. I could be wrong. Once compared to the DEFINITE blue that the 2nd one is, the first "could" be a black. Soemtimes when they're very dark blue, it's difficult to tell at hatch. Glad #2 made it out on its own!

Herman, they both look like blues to me; the first hatchling, very dark blue; the second, medium. I could be wrong. Once compared to the DEFINITE blue that the 2nd one is, the first "could" be a black. Soemtimes when they're very dark blue, it's difficult to tell at hatch. Glad #2 made it out on its own!
I am also glad that it made it.

You know the other three that I have posted before the one that we thought was black is a very dark blue.....

I think it is real hard to tell black from real dark blue when real young....

Back
Top Bottom