Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Yes I do sell hatching eggs but don't have any available at this time.
smile.png
great. i will try in spring

Anyone know where I can get a few of these beautiful giants? I live in Az and don't want to order from a hatchery. The minimum order required is too large for me. :( I just want to add three or four of them. That's why I am looking for someone local who has them. I would love to see these dinosaurs running around my back yard!

I have 20 laying hens that have not laid since September.
Mine don't lay this time of year, either. I do not use added lights to force them to lay, although I know that lots of folks do. I prefer to let nature take its course and let them have a rest.

I'm planning on doing quite a bit of hatching in Giants in early 2014 - hoping to put at least 50 on the ground from each of the two lines that I have. So excited!

I am just starting to get a couple eggs every now and again. Most of mine are too young yet, should start laying in a couple months. I am starting my cull in a couple weeks, and will only be keeping 1-2 roosters, and half a dozen hens or so. Unless I get a chance to build another coop and run for my layers, and meat birds, I will only be eating my excess. Looking to learn the art of caponizing this next year, I hope, as I would love to be able to grow a few out like that.

Hello everybody...I don't have any jg but I am Intrested in having a few...but thought
I'd better do research first.
Do they do well with reg size hens? How much hen house space do they require? Are they aggressive?
What pros and cons advice would you give to someone who's intrested

Hello everybody...I don't have any jg but I am Intrested in having a few...but thought
I'd better do research first.
Do they do well with reg size hens? How much hen house space do they require? Are they aggressive?
What pros and cons advice would you give to someone who's intrested

I only have one and she's a hatchery bird. She weights just south of 7lbs and yet she's pretty good size. She is wicked smart and gets along with my other, smaller hens. She's also my alpha.

I would say if you are going to get good stock birds, so ones that grow up to tip the scales around 10lbs, make sure your coop is set up properly. You'll want larger than normal nests. They can squeeze through a regular pop door but bigger is nicer. They also shouldn't be jumping up or down from high roosts so you'll want to make sure that you have low roost bars for them.

Oh, and be prepared for large poops. Oh my.

Awesome...I was wondering if I'd have to get two or three...but one is perfect...IV just seen pictures but they are magnificent looking birds...would a hen calm my rirs? They are my mean girls...I'm gonna build another coop and run for my docile birds...my ees are the sweeties of my flock..but they get bullied A bit by my rirs

Back
Top Bottom