Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics
My Jersey Giants! I haven't put any updated pictures of my Giants up in so long I though I'd better! lol Tell me what you think of them!
big_smile.png

Black Beauty, Black JG Hen.
47807_dsc_0323.jpg

47807_dsc_0459.jpg

47807_dsc_0461.jpg

47807_dsc_0467.jpg

47807_dsc_0463.jpg

Big Boy, Or Big Blue. Blue JG Roo.
47807_dsc_0392.jpg

47807_dsc_0452.jpg

47807_dsc_0469.jpg

47807_dsc_0458.jpg

Bella, my buff silkie standing next to Big Blue! He's HUGE!
47807_dsc_0476.jpg

47807_dsc_0472.jpg

47807_dsc_0475.jpg

47807_dsc_0483.jpg

47807_dsc_0490.jpg

47807_dsc_0491.jpg

Take a Bow!
47807_dsc_0586.jpg

Those were my two older Jersey Giants.

These are my younger Jersey Giants!

Black JG Pullet from Meyer Hathery.
47807_dsc_0578.jpg

Splash JG Chick, from a breeder. Gender?
47807_dsc_0569.jpg

47807_dsc_0573.jpg

Hi folks, we met with wynette the other day to get a dozen blue jersey giant eggs for a test hatch. She has a new rooster who is pretty boy
smile.png
We wanted to set them in the incubator yesterday, but we had some very bad storms pass thru, so we waited until this morning. We were worried we would lose power. We set the eggs this morning, and I promised we would keep her posted on their progress, and post some pictures when they hatch. Lockdown is July 11th, and hatch day is July 14th.
smile.png

I'm pretty sure my older camera won't be able to catch much when we candle, but my daughters camera might be able to. We will try to post some candling pictures if we are able to with her camera.

Thanks again Wynette
smile.png
hugs.gif

We will update as we get closer to hatch day!

Bluemoon

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Thanks! I'm alittle worried that the Splash JG is a roo, and that the black Chick isn't going to turn out good. I guess only time will tell!
hmm.png

I think you are right the splash is a roo. Let me ask about your blue. I noticed he has irregular blue tones on the wings verses his body. I have two chicks that are showing this same pattern and they are only 3-4 weeks old. Does this even out in tone or is he your first blue?​

Quote:
Thanks! I'm alittle worried that the Splash JG is a roo, and that the black Chick isn't going to turn out good. I guess only time will tell!
hmm.png

I think you are right the splash is a roo. Let me ask about your blue. I noticed he has irregular blue tones on the wings verses his body. I have two chicks that are showing this same pattern and they are only 3-4 weeks old. Does this even out in tone or is he your first blue?

This is my first Blue JG. It does kinda look weird doesn't it? Is that a Good thing or a Bad thing?

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy wrote: This is my first Blue JG. It does kinda look weird doesn't it? Is that a Good thing or a Bad thing?

Hunterland replied: My other blues have even tone bodies (medium or light blue) with very dark blue or black heads. So this is my first experience with the uneven tones that was not a lace on the edge of the feathers. We shall see.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom