Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Sure you can!! He is the sweetest chicken ever!! He likes to sit in my lap and watch TV.
smile.png

Quote:
Tinman,

My avatar is of a Cemani cock. I wish I had some Cemani stock. Very hard to come by in the U.S.

I may try to make my own black chickens. I have Black Jersey Giants, Black Thai and Black Sumatras, OR get some Tomarus, I may have to order chicks next year.

He can get food out of a dish since he doesn't have to aim at one thing. As long as there are multiple things in one area, he'll get something, just not the particle he aimed for. Put one bug in front of his beak, he'll miss.

I have a question regarding JG roos- I have decided to pretty much have all JG's, except for about 5 or 6 standard layers. I plan on having 2 or maybe 3 JG roo's (if they can get along) only, no other breed of roo.

Will the JG roo's crush my standard layers if they try to mate them? All the breeds are kept together and free range together. I am worried about my smaller girls. I want their eggs for eating and selling, and I want them because I like to see different colored chickens in my yard. Should I just keep JG's, or should I keep all the breeds?

Suzette - I wouldn't worry about your roo being too big for standards. In with my layer pen, I have a Jersey roo that's still young and growing. He's almost 11 pounds now, and he's in with Isa Browns, a NN, a few Marans culls, a NHR cross, etc. I've not had any worries.

Hennypen - I don't know what to think on your boy; is he growing as he should? Do you note any unusual growth characteristics?

D.gif
Pictures of my JG
D.gif

My young Black, and Splash JG pullets. Aren't they beaultiful?
love.gif
bow.gif

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_52.jpg

Big Boy, My Blue JG Rooster. He started crowing two weeks ago and he has a Deep Long Crow! Sounds so manly!
lol.png

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_56.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_58.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_59.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_60.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_61.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_62.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_67.jpg

My Splash JG pullet.
47807_dsc_0031.jpg

47807_dsc_0056.jpg

Black Beauty, Black JG hen.
47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_88.jpg

What are your thoughts on my JG's? I got all of them, but the younger Black JG pullet from a breeder. The young black JG pullet is from Meyer Hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom