Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Quote:
He is gorgeous!! I NEVER thought I would be saying something like that about a CHICKEN. I do think all mine are pretty birds too.

OOPS, I posted on the JG thread, sorry, thot I was on the Chantecler thread. My bad!!

Quote:
OOPS, I posted on the JG thread, sorry, thot I was on the Chantecler thread. My bad!!

So are you saying my Moose isn't pretty?
th.gif

lau.gif

Quote:

So are you saying my Moose isn't pretty?
th.gif

lau.gif

oh NO,,,I AM saying he IS pretty, just that I never thought I'd be caught alive saying such a thing. I only got into chickens this year in May
tongue.png

HI im in 4-H and I was wondering if at the fair and other shows if I could show blue jersey giaants because they are not a reconized color for the breed because im setting up a new pen for a new breed for breeding and im really leaning towards getting some jersey giants because I love all the standard sized and large chickens so I was just wondering because I dont really want to get black I might get white but I really am wanting to buy some blue and IF anyone has any JG for sale no eggs chicks please pm me.
THANKS

[email protected] :

HI im in 4-H and I was wondering if at the fair and other shows if I could show blue jersey giaants because they are not a reconized color for the breed because im setting up a new pen for a new breed for breeding and im really leaning towards getting some jersey giants because I love all the standard sized and large chickens so I was just wondering because I dont really want to get black I might get white but I really am wanting to buy some blue and IF anyone has any JG for sale no eggs chicks please pm me.
THANKS

They were recognized by the APA in 2003 and are in the 2010 APA Standard. You can always show a non recognized color of a recognized breed and the judge should place them, but they could not go up for best of breed. They co8uld receive best of variety though.

Walt​

Quote:
I was just going to come back and ask you if Moose fertilized any eggs by a WHITE Jersey if I could buy some from you, but I see you're in Canada, I assume the expense of shipping would be MAGA costly but I do wish you luck with him.

Quote:
thank you! he's just a pet though, not breeding quality... but we love him just the same
cool.png

also it is illegal to ship eggs over the border, can you imagine?

such a drag, specially for us canucks up here who have limited stock to choose from
hmm.png

Technodoll, Why is it illegal to ship eggs across the border? Are there health concerns for people or chickens? Seems strange since we seem to pass other things back and forth!!

Back
Top Bottom