Jersey is broody

Nope. I have never owned any Jersey Giant HENS, but we did have a Jersey Giant and GORGEOUS rooster(who sadly died from a weasel who raided the coop.
sad.png
)
Yes, that breed can be broody, not as much as other breeds, but yes it can happen often!
hugs.gif

Congrats!!!!!
ya.gif
You should start putting some eggs under her to see if she will stay with them! Very exciting! I hope she hatches out some chickies!
jumpy.gif

Good luck!
fl.gif

Seminole - sounds like you have a Jersey going broody.
yippiechickie.gif
Are you going to give her some eggs in place of those pretty little golf balls?
jumpy.gif

Jody

Yes-she's going VERY broody! Better get some eggs under her!
clap.gif

LOL she must be desperate, since she stole all the other balls from the other nests!
D.gif
Silly girl.
roll.png

Give her some eggs soon! She sounds like she will be a great mother!
jumpy.gif

Well, I've heard they are not good brooders. And I've heard that they are clumbsy, and break the eggs or step on chicks. Hmmm, maybe I should give her a few. Gotta think.

Lots of first time moms are clumsy and careless. I would give her a try. You'll never know unless you try her out.

Jody

You could just keep her on the golf balls, and when you take eggs out of your turner/stop turning, then give her some to hatch. Mama hens are so much better equipped at taking care of baby chickens!

Mama hens are so much better equipped at taking care of baby chickens!

I agree!
big_smile.png

Yes, you should definitely give her a chance!
smile.png
(or maybe a couple chances, since she may not do as good at first, which is normal. But if you give her a couple chances, she may do waay better the second time. All new moms are clumsy and sometimes mess up!)
D.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom