Jesseing's Chat Session!

Hmmmm................ya know, I really couldn't choose between them. I have both and love em all! A long time ago I would of said ducks. I never knew chickens were so full of personality lol, I just love my little rooster.
I know what you mean totally! So you are 15 and have both? I think that is so awesome.

I used to have both also.. had silkies and a beautiful barred rock rooster and I had this one little red hen
that the roosters were always trying to catch and she would just run and fly right onto our laps so the roosters
would leave her alone.. she often would sleep too. She was a wonderful little hen.

I lost both roosters and all my 3 hens to a weasel just when spring time started and it broke my heart.

I have many ducks and geese and each one of them is special and has their own character traits and some have an attitude. LOL

One duck we named Stomper, actually eats all the mice that my cats bring to the door.. yuck.. but Stomper loves them! He is the only
one that eats mice.

I know what you mean totally!  So you are 15 and have both?  I think that is so awesome.  

I used to have both also.. had silkies and a beautiful barred rock rooster and I had this one little red hen 
that the roosters were always trying to catch and she would just run and fly right onto our laps so the roosters 
would leave her alone..  she often would sleep too.  She was a wonderful little hen.

I lost both roosters and all my 3 hens to a weasel just when spring time started and it broke my heart.

I have many ducks and geese and each one of them is special and has their own character traits and some have an attitude.  LOL

One duck we named Stomper, actually eats all the mice that my cats bring to the door..  yuck.. but Stomper loves them!  He is the only
one that eats mice.  

Yup, they're my babies lol. I get help from my siblings though. I have 5 silkie mixed chickens, (when they are old enough I'll hatch some more) and 11 Welsh Harlequin ducks. They're about 2 months old. The chickens love to be held and they come when we call them. They even let us hold them like babies lol. When the rooster is separated from the other 4 for a few minutes and then brought back, he screams with excitement, really, really, loud. He really cracks us up. We lost a baby rabbit to a raccoon or something a few weeks ago. Someone left the cage open and all the rabbits got out in the shed. One of them got
out of the shed and we found him with his head ripped off
1f630.png
. I was sooooo mad cause we had just lost another baby rabbit due to cold a week before that. I collect bugs for the chickens and they don't even question it when I give it to them. They just snatch it from me without blinking. The rooster usually gets it first lol.

Hello Brenda! I am Jesse

I prefer chickens.
Hello Jesse

I loved my chickens but that awful weasel really scared me off keeping any more chickens. I do miss my roosters so much. Loved to hear them calling in the morning.. they made a contest out of it.. was quite funny.

In the spring I intend to build a weasel-proof stable. :) Will have some calves, goats and yes.. I really want another rooster so I will wait until I have a pen that not even a mouse can get into. LOL
During the day my ducks and geese roam free. We have a very nice pond in the shape of a donut with an island and they love it. But since that weasel did kill 2 ganders also , we built pens that are all wood and no windows or cracks. At night I just step outside and clap my hands and say Do-do (pronounced like the bird.. Dodo) and they all go into their pens, Older ducks in one, geese in one and the younger ducks in another pen, and then we just close the doors, put the catches on and they are 100% safe for the night. :)

Hello Jesse

I loved my chickens but that awful weasel really scared me off keeping any more chickens.  I do miss my roosters so much.  Loved to hear them calling in the morning.. they made a contest out of it.. was quite funny.  

In the spring I intend to build a weasel-proof stable.  :)  Will have some calves, goats and yes.. I really want another rooster so I will wait until I have a pen that not even a mouse can get into.  LOL
During the day my ducks and geese roam free.  We have a very nice pond in the shape of a donut with an island and they love it.  But since that weasel did kill 2 ganders also , we built pens that are all wood and no windows or cracks.  At night I just step outside and clap my hands and say Do-do  (pronounced like the bird.. Dodo)  and they all go into their pens,  Older ducks in one, geese in one and the younger ducks in another pen, and then we just close the doors, put the catches on and they are 100% safe for the night.  :)

Don't let that mean ole weasel scare ya from getting chickens, just keep em locked up at night and in a covered run during the day and everything will be good :)

Back
Top Bottom