Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Scott was busy doing the morning chores and then getting some round bales and then unloading them and fixing that ungrateful tractor that wants to take a break in the middle of unloading the hay and just now getting 2nd cuppa and sitting down.
Tara and crew did real good!!

Thank you everyone...
hugs.gif

Another great day of showing!
yippiechickie.gif

Lacy took Best Opposite, the Specials male took breed...so another two points and a major for Lacy...she's gonna be hard to live with at this rate--three majors, six of the ten points she needs to be conformation titled! Emmy didn't earn any points today but hey, tomorrow's another day, eh. Might be Lacy's weekend and that's great too. LOL

CERF eye examined the girls and both are now eligible for a CERF number...kewl!
cool.png

Girls got treated again today to some ice cream...DD would approve that treatment I expect.

Got supper, laundry, and some much needed down time to hurry up and do.

Gotta fly...
yesss.gif

Tara

Lacy the love bug.
love.gif
I would guess her competitors are seein" RED. Let me guess, the girls get vanilla ice cream. I have always said ice cream is the food of champions.

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
Way-To-Go!!!
All
bow.gif
to Lacy.
lol.png

Scott

Thanks Mun---they are truly some act to follow..best boy, best red girl...yeh. Jest beaming--getting bowled over in the ring by my OWN boy and my OWN red girl.
lol.png

At this rate, Lacy will be a Specials Female in no time. Good gack, eh. Have mercy it is going way too quickly but I suppose having FUN does that, eh!

Alexander has agreed to show for me in April of next year and pending (don't count chickens before the eggs hatch eh)...how we do today with the Lace...it could well be in April, if she gets two points today and two on the Friday of the April 2017 show...we will have to move her up from Open Female to Specials Female...kewl. But as said, holding breath to see what today brings in. Could see the Rat Ranch ACD's bomb...or blast thru again? I do like to see good dogs sharing in the wins on show weekends...last time, every owner went home with a Best in Breed...if you never get points or titles, it kinda ruins showing for the humans...dogs never care but we do.

Turn the tables and have Emmy win over Lacy...you just never quite know in regards to dog shows and that uncertainty of each judge's opinion, that has to be the carrot on the stick teaser...you never do know and the mystery may well be why you get up and try your best every show day... new day, new judge, new kick at the can.
ya.gif

Quote:
Lacy the love bug.
love.gif
I would guess her competitors are seein" RED. Let me guess, the girls get vanilla ice cream. I have always said ice cream is the food of champions.

Yesterday, there were two blue girls, one blue boy and two red girls. The owner of the other red has a mother that is ill and has been juggling care issues over her mother...so yesterday she managed to show up to show her red open female, but said likely not today. I can hardly find someone to look after my chickens, so can only imagine trying to find someone to care for an ill mother...oh well...same points, 3-5 dogs = two points up for grabs...so Emmy, Lacy and Parker makes three girls...three or four same points, eh.

The girls got some of my PEACH milkshake on Friday when we took our son to Peter's Drive in for lunch...his choice. So peach for Friday (loved it...there was ice cream flying round their winter sub area...lickity splits!) and yes, vanilla on Saturday...soft serve in a cup...special...now they had their eyes dialated with drops for the CERF exam, so we made sure to park in shadowed areas (another fab day weather wise...having summer time now? eek!)...but now they are back to normal and we show in the later afternoon. Time change today, one hour back so we all get a reprieve...I am still up at 5 am...or is that 4 am...not sure but don't matter.

Light rain sprinkles had me out tarping the front of the trailer where the four tons of bagged rations are this morn. Worried about the sheep mineral at the front getting wet. Otherwise the load is secure under one of the canopies.

Told Rick I am taking Monday off...drive bus, do my chores but NO heaving any heavy loads...I am just plum zonked out...rested right now but by the time Sunday is complete--gonna be dragging my donkey butt pretty heavily. Face beaming, silly grin plastered on my mug but happy and tired to the soul.
hmm.png

Lacy seems to be getting darker (redder), is that my imagination or is she molting?

The lighting in this show building sucks big time...so not really true to real light there but...

ACDs are born WHITE haired DD...course they are gonna darken up--not as much as they do as they are puppers but hey...Lacy was exactly 18 months old in the photos I posted of her taking Breed on Friday. She is in perfect coat right now...tail's a poofer, hair solidly in follicles...Emmy is going about dropping coat right now...blowing in the winds, but that Lace-a-lot is holding on to her hair at the moment. I truly think Lacy is an a"y" and a"t" red girl...the dominant red (a"y") in the ACD usually is that RICH DARK red...the auburn...Her sire is a dark rich red ACD...so she ain't truly a strawberry blonde...more a red head like you've said before.

One thing Rick pointed out about Lacy...her colour accentuates her massive muscles...all that bally dog run run time with their Dad every evening...bristling out in feminine muscular mass...yeh, Lacy shows off her ACD beauty in spades, eh. Emmy is more petite, muscular too and her shear determination to get the toy before Lacy means she can work it too but comparing them side by each, Lacy looks more massive and Rick says if Lacy wants the toy, she blows Emmy away. Yeh but that red girl, she is more the love bug and she loves to let Emmy think she's the wiener dog...pretty nice pair of mutts...them girls.

For my B-Day which is in November (why I go dogging without a guilty conscience in November...b-day means I am granted a weekend pass of where the silliness reigns supreme
roll.png
), my son bought me one grey chew resistant mat (imported from England...heavy well bound fake fur mat & I bought a second one to make a pair for them ACD Jawed girls) and he picked out the most PERFECT show lead...I was not happy with the blond leads we were using and wanted something closer to the colour of the copper show collars that suit Lacy so nicely. He found me a copperish lead (bought a second one for on hand for Lacy...she is some plum brat and grabs the lead in her scissor grips and threatens to snip it...bad brassy gal...bad!) and it is perfection of a match. Have to click pics of the mats and new leads...just so nice and luxurious to have. Dog show, always has items I can find no place else...golly gee like there is not enough $ spent thar just entering, practising, driving to and fro...oh well!
lau.gif

Gonna get best son and best red girl show photo with this Kentucky judge from Friday. Below is a great read!

http://thejudgesplace.com/Meet/Gregory-Joe-068.asp

Gonna joke here a bit...at 89 now...he may well be beginning to lose his sight...he called me YOUNG LADY and I giggled...but I guess at 89, I may well be YOUNG compared to his number of tree rings...but I was not handling LADY...my son was. LOL I am more fitting of the old & haggy title than young lady.

This judge, he refreshens and RE-reads the dog standards of the dog breeds he is judging...so that is excellent to know and might well be why Lady took breed...if we saw one of the dogs win, it would be under him after reading how he prepares for judging that would be inspiration as to how important THAT win is. Some wins are less important than others, pending how good the judge is and to me, this judge is SOMETHING SPECIAL...memorable win...gonna be in my memories fur always for Lacy.
love.gif

I was told this judge was a peach to show under by the fella that does the conformation practise classes. He said he has shown under him before and LOVED it. What an absolute gentleman and true to this interview and his word...he does make showing a lovely GREAT time. Very pleasing fella and it don't help matters that he put Lacy up in the breed (Eeee). What fun...so proud of my boy and Lacy--gushing proud and nope, not because I am Momma...because they both deserved it.
wink.png

Well, gotta get this show on the road so better close up and get on it.
wee.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Heel low:

Tired and heading for nappies but...

Lacy and Alexander took Best Opposite today...so the final tally for the weekend...drum roll, eh.
lol.png

Lacy earned FIVE POINTS...so that means that my son and the red Lady earned HALF a CKC conformation championship this weekend...good gosh, have not had any of my dogs do that since HyBlade...he won six majors, 12 points in two weekends showing and he made showing seem breezy easy. All his points earned in breed--some by my son handling and some with me handling.

Reflecting on this weekend, it was extra nice to see my son handle a red dog and in Group again...that beaming proud person feeling all over again. Magical.

So as promised, show photo posting time...
wee.gif

I will post both Emmy's from April and Lacy's from November of this year...the two ACD girls all dolled up--so use to the girls having equal play time...so here goes.

Significant because Emmy was a Senior Puppy when she won Best in Breed and now...Lacy was exactly 18 months old when she won her first Best in Breed.
cool.png

Show girls...pinch me, eh...they do look fine all washed up and spit polished...bwa ha ha...

Lacy - November 04, 2016
Best of Breed

Emmy - April 01, 2016
Best of Breed

Now to keep on up with our conformation practising...I wonder, I do, maybe to really challenge ourselves...maybe in April we WILL enter the girls in conformation brace on the Saturday...jest maybe...see how things go along. I know it is excellent practise as doing that makes just single dog conformation showing seem less daunting.

I can say it was with a huge sigh of relief that we ran dogs tonight...no more worries about keeping them clean and pristine...have at her girls...you got six months of frolicking in the MUD before yer humans have to hold on to those reins and keep you CLEAN and PURDY once more...

Mucky hounds away...dirt hogs pouncing...mud wrestlers...with abandonment. LOL
tongue.png

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Back
Top Bottom