Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

:hugsHeel low:

Tara I imagine Gnocchi from this purple (Vitulet?) Potato......

I would be happy with the All Reds too, or the more yellow taters. Would be fun to mix white, red, blue/purple, yellow. I have never made Gnocchi but it looks very tasty (replacement for noodles, rice, regular boiled potato).

Well DD...got our judging schedule...there are six ACDs on Nov 3rd, Friday (of which two are baby puppies). Lacy and I are not entered on Friday as I work.

That said, on Saturday and Sunday, SEVEN ACDs are entered (two female Class dogs-Lacy being one / two Specials males-Vucko Gr Ch being one of the males / one Specials female). Australian Cattle Dogs are the second biggest entry in Herding Group... :woot...all three days. WOW! The first biggest entry for herding breed has a judge that breeds that breed judging on the Sunday.

Nope, no real idea who is entered past Lacy, maybe blue female Parker and blue male Vucko as both are Specials now. Gonna be FUN! :lol:

aug-04-2017-imgp2893-jpg.1105052

Aug 4 2017 - girls anniversary here for TWO years!
Mar 31 2017, Lacy won a point for a total of eight of the ten she needs. Means we still got two more to go to get her Ch title. TWO points...that's gonna be an interesting achievement for the likes of me. We shall see, eh. :p

Oct 25 2017 IMGP5262.jpg

Oct 25 2017

Oct 25 2017 IMGP5326.jpg

And of course, ACDs won't stand still for too long... :wee

IMGP5149.jpg

At play, always l00k PUPPY!
:p

Oct 25 2017 IMGP5094.jpg

Thata girl Lacy...use your bod as an anchor! :lau

Oct 25 2017 IMGP5406.jpg

Oct 25 - Chinese food prep

Oct 25 2017 IMGP5409.jpg

Soup

Oct 25 2017 IMGP5426.jpg

Supper

Oct 25 2017 IMGP5049.jpg

Purple yams - not tried them yet

Oct 24 2017 IMGP4971.jpg

Vole bitten potatoes

Oct 25 2017 IMGP5404.jpg

Fall time rose hips

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Heel low:

Oct 29 2017 IMGP5502.jpg

Oct 29 2017 - sunrise!

Oct 29 2017 IMGP5513.jpg

I truly DO live in Pear-A-Dice...truly blessed and ever thanful! :hugs

Happy BOO day, eh.

Delivered lots of happy persons to school today. :lol:

Oct 30 2017 IMGP5653.jpg

October 30, 2017
"What the?
Why you back in thar?
It is evening...DOG TIME, not KID TIME
!" :lau

Course things like this don't jest happen, preparations are in order.

Got some kids that were driven to school by parents...those ones are going to meet me this afternoon and collect their grab bags...foolish parents...don't they know not to take the kids off the bus on these SPECIAL OCCASIONS?? :hmm

oct 28 2017 IMGP5428.jpg

New furnace in the garage thanks to Rick

Oct 29 2017 IMGP5551.jpg

All concrete statuary in dry storage
thanks to Tara

Lightly snowing this morn...ABOUT TIME already!!!!!!!! :mad:

Oct 25 2017 IMGP5051.jpg

Oct 25 2017 - growing one spud (purple Caribe) inside
should be GREAT fun seeing how this project does

Full on dog show mode now...getting ready bit by bit. :yesss:

Oct 28 2017 IMGP5579.jpg

Oct 28 - collasibles opened up
Checking them over after storage since April show

Checking over equipment to ensure it is all ready to go for when we all go...
:wee

Oct 28 2017 IMGP5637.jpg

Collapsible dog wagon,
folding chair, blankies folded up nice,
Lacy's ring side sit pretty princess pad,
crate...

Last purchase I made was the collapsible crate with a balcony on it. Bought the bone pillow few months back on sale at a hardware store (always watching for good deals), need to purchase fake fur insert now for it at this show. :)

Oct 28 2017 IMGP5596.jpg

Girls checking out the show dog digs...

There is a theme here...something happening here....what theme could that be...??

Oct 28 2017 IMGP5611.jpg

Getting my Cinderella Coach all ready

Yeh, maxed out my file upload...so what theme is on the go here... :confused:

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

Heel low:

Back again...so the theme on the go here...?? :confused:

Em's doubling up with Lace...could it be something about Emmy not being shown, that the blue girl is somehow ensuring she be included too in these most silly showing dog activities--not just all about the Red one? LOL

IMGP5624.jpg

There we go, girl in their crates,
respectively one dog to one crate! :highfive:

Em's coming along, she'll be staying with Dad in the truck when I show Lacy. Likely Dad will do like he did last time...share chicken eats with Emmy. They have such a good time, Emmy gives us the l99k of "Lacy, you missed out on CHICKEN treats" (course Dad has saved them more!)! :p

Spoke with Kathy who owns Parker, they are not attending the show...so two baby puppies (girl & boy- litter mates), two class females (Lacy being one), two Specials male Vucko (Lacy under Alexander's expert handling has beaten him in the ring a ding for Best of Breed) + Wally (never competed against these dogs, he's the sire of the baby puppies) and one Specials females (same owner as baby puppies). SEVEN ACDs...oh my, what fun it will be. We've had large entries of ACDs at this show but that's always when the National Specialty was held there...not just a sanctioned dog show. :cool:

Hoping over the weekend every dog and the owners get some wins (and points) so we keep on coming back to the shows. LOL Never any fun when one owner and their dog wins the whole weekend taking everything to boot. Little spread out wins for all over the entire three shows. :love

Usually the baby puppies bounce back and forth for top dogs. Remember one weekend long while ago...HyBlade won a best pup in breed, then two others, one per day so all puppers at the show came away with a win. No points for the baby puppies but each show had a different winner. Was so much fun that way! :D

Emmy's litter sister Memphis has about the same show points left to get her Australian conformation championship over there in the Great Land Down Under...Oz. Their breeder says she will be planning a litter with her which I think is super wonderful!
:woot

Food...been cooking quick and slick, using up big meals that are leftovers the next time round.

Oct 29 2017 IMGP5639.jpg

Add a beef steak to
refried potatoes, carrots, peas, chicken, etc.

Last night, busy evening decorating the bus, make sure the toys were on board to do the trick 'n treating on the bus this morn, and then doing up the month end billings for the company...my brain is getting overused and complaining...LOL

Can't my grey matter just go all to mush...mind gone to mush...the world is fine...I am fine...life is fine...there goes my loafer fine... :old

Oct 30 2017 IMGP5693.jpg

Had beef burger thawed...
cream of mushroom soup spaghetti
before I and Rick fall down go BOOM!
:th

Off I toddle...dog show on the brains...duh..... :rolleyes:

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

Back
Top Bottom