Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CanuckBock, Jul 30, 2014.

1. CanuckBock

CanuckBock THE Village Ijit

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop

[​IMG]

And the pathways it digs me...they sure do act like a moat does...the excess water, well it ends up in the pathways. I don't compact the soil, gives the dogs a place to follow and stay off the beds...the soil dries out quicker, warms up...it is just way too wonderful!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    June 29, 2014 in the New Orchard area

[​IMG]
    July 24, 2014

[​IMG]
    July 9, 2014 - Herb Garden

[​IMG]
    July 30, 2014 - inside the Green house...BASIL!

I look forward to seeing the year unfold...spending time outside in the Man Porch...

[​IMG]
    May 5, 2014

[​IMG]
    July 6, 2014

[​IMG]
    Aug 6, 2014

[​IMG]

August 2104...the Village Idiot's Garden on the GROW!

[​IMG]

Yes, with the warm weather fanning up the ice and snow to melt...I know, I know it is FAR too early but not too early to flip thru the seed catalogue, get my order done as it will really be spring time soon and I'll need Inspector Fixins to be inspecting the plantings, so need lotsa seeds to sow. [​IMG]

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
    Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

2. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Tara how does the coro... Coro... I can't remember what you called it...( I call it coroplast as in corrugated plastic... ) any way how does in stand up in your applications? How many years do you get out of it?

3. hennible

Oh beautiful gardens and that covered deck area is awesome, some serious inspiration for my deck once it's got a roof...

4. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Never too early to get the seed catalog out. I don't have a large area to have a garden, so I do raised gardening. Do you have a fairly short growing season....your garden last year was so lush and green.

5. hennible

[​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry to read that Henna but, I'd rather have S.A.D. than year round chronic depression that now and then sinks to major.

7. hennible

:/?

8. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry Henna, the old brain and eyes don't function well. I just saw the S.A.D. part not about seeds - which I noticed when I just went back to your post. I'm glad I'm didn't blab that I outlived 2 psychiatrists - or maybe it was my sessions with them that hastened their demise. All kidding aside, I miss them badly.

9. hennible

Lol and :hugs

10. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hennie thanks for the hugs, I come from a no-hug family and I am very much a hugger. My son accepts hugs through gritted teeth but, now and then he will actually ask for one. He lives quite far from me, so doesn't have to worry about getting them too often.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by