Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CanuckBock, Jul 30, 2014.

1. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Tara, you say that the Man Porch is not added to your house yet? Where do you have the MP parked and or where is your house? If I am being a nosy busybody just ignore me and move on.
    Thanks.
    Scott

2. CanuckBock

CanuckBock THE Village Ijit

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    I had hoped you would...

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Thats still 1 big as* slingshot

4. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

5. CanuckBock

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    Trébuchet...that should SO be our next build here...seeing as Canada is bilingual and all...Medieval siege engine with a French name!! [​IMG]

The Little Dragon Trebuchet
    http://www.stormthecastle.com/trebuchet/how-to-build-a-trebuchet.htm:

6. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

the kids a couple of doors down here built a trebuchet

Kiknd of like this

[​IMG]

They were flinging water baloons a good thousand feet.... and having a blast. The end of the block is a culdesac... and no houses

It just fit in the back of a pickup.

deb

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  7. CanuckBock

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    WANT!

Thanks for that...a vision is reality for some...it would go great with the Medieval theme...or some new sport like Punkin Chunkin... [​IMG]

This water tank (a portion from an old container compartment off a big truck)...is another hillbilly delight... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the first spring fever projects Rick did. He cleaned and painted it, fixed the plumbing, put skids under it, put a hubcap on as a lid to keep the squirrels from drowning themselves in it...and we perched it on top of our limerock pile, gravity feed for watering plants (new shelterbelts to get established) with nice warm water. Nice BIG supply for fire fighting if'n we need to. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the pile where it use to sit perched on

So one of the neighbours swings by and in passing, mentions our BOMB shelter... Rick and I both look at each other..."Bomb shelter?? Where?" and the dufus points at the water tank. Yeh, it sits on top of a grey pile of rock and people can't figure it out (why are they looking way in here anyways...mind yer own biz, eh?!)...so they dream up the most daft concept ever. BOMB shelter...OK? Who we worrying about being bombed by...the Russians, the Japanese, the Chinese...like we are such a HUGE threat here out in the middle of no where...yes, bomb shelter...a must have when you live in the woods, eh! [​IMG]

What I really really wanna do...and why I mentioned the water TANK...is get one of those styrafoam wig holders, a head and spray it grey, put it on the top under the flip up top, er hatch...then place a piece of PVC pipe (same colour, grey painted) as the gun barrel outta the one front of the tank and make it, well a TANK...armoured fighting vehicle...

So we got our slingshot as the welcome mat out at one gate...the Trébuchet at the other entrance...and the tank use to be located by the New Orchard and nothing with the tractor to put her back... So we're ready...ready, set, aim & fire away!

Hilarious really... worrisome but hilarious! [​IMG]

Tara

8. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

The Little Dragon Trebuchet
    http://www.stormthecastle.com/trebuchet/how-to-build-a-trebuchet.htm:

This twelve inch model is suppose to take two hours to build...might come in handy dandy. I have visions of having one heck of a good time...
    [​IMG]

Yes, flinging GRAPES (turkeys love grapes...and raisons...those are real turkey treats, eh!)...imagine the launching of water balloons...in the general direction of neighbours in close proximity...

Whoops, getting carried way...better stop now before I make myself liable for some dastardly deeds...or planting a seed in someone else's. [​IMG]

Tara, You do manage to post some of the most wonderfully time wasting links I have ever come across!

Thanks much!!
    Scott (who's plotting size wanted against DW finding out plan)

9. CanuckBock

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    All part of the master plan...getting the message out that we need to arm ourselves...hee hee... armed and dangerous...mostly to ourselves tho! [​IMG]

So like pass the Q-tip (nfi) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reminds me of my Gran (the one that kept illegal chooks in her backyard...Bad Gran...BAD!), she said, "Never stick anything bigger than yer elbow in your ear!"...Go GRAN! [​IMG]

And jest in case we forget what age we are suppose to be...here's some incentive...

[​IMG]

A few thoughts on friendship (especially if Scott gets caught before he finishes the project...be stealthy and keep her under wraps, eh)... [​IMG]

If you get caught with the supplies fer the Trébuchet...say it's for the clothesline you been meaning to "honey-do..." [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One for all us old timers on here... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeh and a special one jest for Bama (is someone going to help me here...I don't know how to do those "shout outs" to members on BYC...I know I have received some and the "@" is used...any one wanna teach an old bow wow a new trick pretty please??). [​IMG]

[​IMG]

<<Why I need to be the one that owns a TANK....or the tank look-a-like... [​IMG]>>​

I think this line of Booted Bantam chickens is one to keep going forward with...predator aware... [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Blending

And last one is for a little incentive on why we should EAT more EGGS ... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that we have all enjoyed a rather stress free few moments...away we all can go again! [​IMG]

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
    Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

10. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by