Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Pics
Thanks for that seed link!!!!!!

Ok back to reading...

Uh...yeh, so no Black Russian but uh yeh...

Time to run screaming, waving hands in air...yeh...kewl kewl major KEWL.

wee.gif

http://www.sandhillpreservation.com/catalog/tomato.html:
ONLY negative...we gotta pay in whimpy Canuck Bucks...but like Rick says, his seed is priced pretty durn cheap cheep and well, why not support someone like Glenn & Linda and keep them in the biz...totally worth the effort, eh.

Have fun Henny--bet you can't stop at jest ONE variety...
love.gif

So absolutely mind boggling...the choices, eh...there are too many...choices...
barnie.gif

Tara

Apologies that my post relates to a subject long since past, but work is keeping me very busy and my BYC-time is severely hampered .. I spend quite a few hours on a Saturday morning trying to catch up on all the news.

As always, I look forward to reading your news and looking at all your beautiful pictures Tara. For obvious reasons, I do have a soft spot for the ACD's
wink.png

On the subject of rocks ......

I was born in England at the end of December (lots of snow!). Many, many, many years ago, when I was still a wee-one (7 years old) my parents decided to up an move to the Land Down Under.

Anyways, England has pebble (not sand) beaches. Pebble = a small stone made smooth and round by the action of water or sand.

On the day I was born, my father walked down to the local beach and picked up a pebble. He hung onto the pebble until I was 18 years old and then gave it to me. I still have that pebble and I take it everywhere with me. I have lost count of how many handbags/backpacks that pebble has resided in!

I have no real thoughts on whether I am buried or cremated etc, but I do have one stipulation, if I am buried, the pebble must go with me and if cremated and ashes scattered, again the pebble must be scattered with me.

There is no such thing as 'just a rock'
wink.png

Apologies that my post relates to a subject long since past, but work is keeping me very busy and my BYC-time is severely hampered .. I spend quite a few hours on a Saturday morning trying to catch up on all the news.

As always, I look forward to reading your news and looking at all your beautiful pictures Tara. For obvious reasons, I do have a soft spot for the ACD's
wink.png

On the subject of rocks ......

I was born in England at the end of December (lots of snow!). Many, many, many years ago, when I was still a wee-one (7 years old) my parents decided to up an move to the Land Down Under.

Anyways, England has pebble (not sand) beaches. Pebble = a small stone made smooth and round by the action of water or sand.

On the day I was born, my father walked down to the local beach and picked up a pebble. He hung onto the pebble until I was 18 years old and then gave it to me. I still have that pebble and I take it everywhere with me. I have lost count of how many handbags/backpacks that pebble has resided in!

I have no real thoughts on whether I am buried or cremated etc, but I do have one stipulation, if I am buried, the pebble must go with me and if cremated and ashes scattered, again the pebble must be scattered with me.

There is no such thing as 'just a rock'
wink.png

Nice to hear from you Woman...yeh, it is summer thar in Down Under...so totally you better be BUSY having the fun times. Winter here and thanks that you appreciate the clicks I post.

We all got a soft spot fer them Heelers...called our brains..."whatever insanity made us choose them ACD's...or did they just show up at the gate one day to choose US?"
barnie.gif

Love, love, did I say LOVE the pebble story. Totally kewl and all that jazz and thanks for sharing that tidbit about your special, special purdy pebble...love it.
love.gif

Teila - it's great having you pop up whenever you can - I was thinking we haven't seen you in quite awhile. Hope all is well.

And she still takes out time to say "Hi" to us...nice, eh!
hugs.gif

Sandhills preservation is amazing... Where to start.... Ducks, seed, chickens....
wee.gif

Uh, unless you have insider dibs with Glenn & Linda, Canucks don't get to import his poultry. He no longer ships into Canada on a regular basis. I've seen quite a few US poultry persons do this.

His seeds, yes, and there you have to watch out because he is losing money on the mixes for poultry greens...so he can't send those as the postage is suppose to be outrageous!

Still using the sleds to haul things about...Not carting weather indeed...

Here's one for Scott...heh heh heh...

Lookit the pathetic clenched fists with the arms!!! Now the crazy eye...that's something else, eh..."Oh my eyes!"
lau.gif

Took a pic of this some years ago at one of the vintage vehicle swap meets we go to...it was on a Harley in the parking lot. I so risked my life getting this shot, eh....
gig.gif

If'n I was ever a biker type, that would SO be the kickstand I needed!

I giggle because I "think" it's suppose to be an eagle talon and I figure it just looks too CHICKEN! Not a raptor bird bird of prey...a chook...bwa ha ha...heavens thanked I never met the owner and said, "Nice chicken leg...!"
D.gif

Imagine impaling yer "sandal" on one of the claws, eh. People so don't take dressing for riding seriously. I'd be in full leathers to run to the corner store for milk, eh. EVERY single serious biker I know, has a pin of some kind in their bodies from taking a spill...yeh...yucko! Nobody SEES them on the bikes...nobody sees a school bus with LED flashing lights and an extended in their lane stop sign, either...yeh.
hmm.png

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Gotta love Fixins, 'hope eternal', sooner or later somebody has to throw the ball.

I bought the dog next door a blue jolly ball and she went nuts, she spent most of the day slinging it across the yard, didn't even need someone to throw it. She's had it since before Xmas, and I notice half of the ball part is missing but, the handle is still there.

Does Fixins chow down on the ball, or just like to fetch it?

Thanks for the Sandhill link! It will soon be time to start my tomatoes inside. Supposed to be sunny and near 68 degrees here today...like a Spring day....then get cold near the end of next week. Our temps are up and down....still hoping for that elusive snow.

Back
Top Bottom