Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Pics
Tara, I am so so sorry that Fixin's is not doing well :(

I lost my 13 year old Border Collie X Cavalier on Christmas Day 4 years ago and I am still not over it! For 11 of her 13 years she lived with epilepsy. She was attacked by a dog when she was just 6 weeks old with a tooth penetrating her skull; we nearly lost her. Anyways, the build up of scarring over time increased her episodes of seizures and towards the end, no matter how much we tweaked her meds, she kept having breakthrough seizures increasing in severity to the point that she would be blind for hours afterwards.

Anyways, as awful as those seizures were for me, I was guaranteed by numerous Vets on numerous occasions that she didn't know or feel what was happening during them and as long as she did not bite her tongue or bash her head on anything etc; they were not as bad as they looked. I held her paw and talked her through many seizures over many years.

I miss her! Still a dog free household to this day; I am not ready :(

http://www.tickld.com/x/why-dogs-never-actually-die-this-guy-nails-it

I lost my last dog at nearly 14.5 in January of 1989, I haven't had a dog since. But I do love on everyone else's dog. I go into the pet shops that allow dogs on leash, so I can pet them-( I can feel my blood pressure dropping). I used to raise dogs and the last 4 went fairly close together, 2 were 14 and 2 almost 14.5. Just too much heartache and too little income to handle vet bills and every other canine necessity where prices have gone through the roof. I miss them badly but, can see them any time I want when my memory goes into re-runs.

Tara, sorry to hear about Fixin's health issues. It's hard watching a dog in pain. But take comfort in the knowledge that Fixin's has gotten to live life to the fullest, and for quite a while too. I hope you can make her feel as comfortable as possible, and that the daily outings bring her a lot of joy.

Yeah Diva I am thinking no news is probably not good news on this occasion
sad.png

Heel low:

All is good...sorry...just really tired and looking after the precious old beasty Fixins ... the days have been a blur and me trying to make sure nothing gets forgotten or undone that needs doing.
roll.png

Rick came home this afternoon. Fixins was really moving compared to most times, so I handed him her leash and she took the biggest dump...yeh...he brings out the best, eh.
tongue.png

So why care that she crapped...because she has been eating like a piglet but not had one since that nasty one on Saturday...that one was an ugly one.

I know, demented to be celebrating dog poop...what's next!
wee.gif

I have way way too many pics... but here are three...

Mar 31, she comes to Rick to get a big body hug on the way by...

Same day and resting pool side listening to the water splash...soaking up the rays.

April fools day...she is really looking happy...

I haven't even gone over the pics from today...

Tis supper time for us here so I better go heat up some more viddles for the Fruitcup...since what is going in her...comes out too...
celebrate.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Back
Top Bottom