Jobs– What did you want to do? What do you actually do?

Everose

🐍Danger Noodle Mom🐍
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
What was/is your dream job? What was appealing about it? Why do/don't you do it?
List as many as you want.

What do you actually do for a living? What is your favorite part about it?
Even if it's not considered a "job" I would love to know😁
If you're not comfortable listing your exact job then the general field works too.

I would love to be a home maker who gardens, keeps chickens goats and a couple of cows. And also paint pictures.
That's a full time job!
I'm currently in finance 😆 although we do have chickens!
Nice! You're one step closer to the farm life. Chickens were the third animal I got into rabbits and goats came before them.

I wanted to be a dentist.
I thought about that for like five minutes. Being the big bad dentist and inspiring fear in people of all ages seemed pretty cool, but bad breath, I don't like bad breath.
Then I wanted to be a photographer. I ended up working in a photo lab, with a brief time as a plastic injection mold designer.
Photography used to be my favorite hobby, but it seems like an oversaturated profession at the moment.
I never really did what I wanted to do, and now I'm retired and get to do what I want.
My great grandparents retired on a cruise ship, I plan to follow in their footsteps 😌

I thought about that for like five minutes. Being the big bad dentist and inspiring fear in people of all ages seemed pretty cool, but bad breath, I don't like bad breath.
I wanted to be a doctor, but the fear of misdiagnosing or missing something scared me.

Nowadays, my dentist and hygienist wear masks, and they did that several years before Covid. Put some herbal spray in there, and you'd never smell bad breath. :)

I was going to be an astronaut. Nothing was going to stop me.
Then I watched challenger blow up on tv.

Then I was going to be a geologist and study planetary geology.

Then Someone threw a lot of money at me to become a systems admin. More than I'd make as a geologist unless I was working for a mining corp or a fossil fuel producer.

So now I do computer things. But I still love geology and space, and some day I WILL get to orbit...

I was going to be an astronaut. Nothing was going to stop me.
Then I watched challenger blow up on tv.

Then I was going to be a geologist and study planetary geology.

Then Someone threw a lot of money at me to become a systems admin. More than I'd make as a geologist unless I was working for a mining corp or a fossil fuel producer.

So now I do computer things. But I still love geology and space, and some day I WILL get to orbit...
Sounds exactly like my life. Wanted to be an astronaut but I have asthma wouldn’t pass the physical part, so geology was in my back pocket ended up as a project coordinator 🤷‍♀️

I want/wanted to do all sorts of jobs to do with animals. Zookeeper, dog groomer, hobby farmer, etc. (Except vet, being a vet hasn't really interested me). I'd also love to be able to make some income off my art.

What I actually do is a kennel hand at a veterinary clinic, hopefully to become a vet nurse soon (studying is :sick).

I wanted to be a doctor, but the fear of misdiagnosing or missing something scared me.
I have a similar problem with my dream job.
I'd LOVE to be a forensic pathologist, it sounds like the most exciting job ever, but what if I miss something and the family doesn't get closure😕
Also, what if I get something *shudder*
I know there's all sorts of protection that you're required to wear, but accidents happen.

Back
Top Bottom