1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

John & Juanita

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by johnjuanita, Mar 30, 2017.

1. johnjuanita

johnjuanita Just Hatched

Mar 30, 2017
    We only have 3 Rhode Red Island hens as of now but are expecting to get a RIR rooster that someone dropped off on the road and is running wild in the neighborhood and no one wants him. He is the reason we got the hens because a neighbor said he would catch him for us. We have had chickens before down through life and they are so cheerful and fun to watch. My husband sold eggs when he was young for spending money. He is 90 years old and I am 87 but our son and wife lives with us and they like to take care of them too. We have been married 64 years April 11, 2017. John & Juanita

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome!

If you can, watch him as disk approaches. ....this will allow you to see where he goes to roost and that is where he will be easiest to catch (assuming it can be reached). Some creativity may be needed (ladder, net, etc) depending on his roost of choice. Once caught he will need to be confined for a couple of weeks (or longer) to "home"him to the coop. It would also be wise to quarantine him before integrating him with your other birds

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, John & Juanita, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! I admire the longevity of your marriage - very impressive! Glad you are back having chickens as you have always enjoyed! Best wishes with your flock and happy upcoming anniversary! [​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congratulations John & Juanita on your 64 years of marriage and for getting back to chickens!

5. Kyanite

Kyanite Loving Life! Premium Member

May 27, 2016
    SE Idaho
    64 years! That's amazing and wonderful! [​IMG]Congratulations to the both of you. Good luck catching that rooster and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you John & Juanita - Congratulations on 64 years of wedded bliss [​IMG] Hope you can catch that rooster

7. HeavensHens88

HeavensHens88 Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2015
    Lost, I fear.
    Welcome to BYC, John and Juanita! :welcome
    Congratulations on 64 amazing years with eachother!
    And have a great time catching that rascally rooster!!!:fl
    Keep is informed on how the capture goes!
    Once everyone is settled, we'd love it if you shared pictures of him and your hens with us! :D

~Sarah

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  8. bathound

bathound Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Welcome and Congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary! Sixty four years together is something to be celebrated. I hope you catch that rooster.

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under John & Juanita [​IMG] Welcome and Congratulations!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by