Join DUCK Club!

@cnielsen wow those buff orpingtons are stunning! I haven't heard of that breed before but my gosh I might have to get some of those someday. Where did you get yours?
they really are! they’re supposed to be great layers and they’re sweet too. we ordered them online from Metzer farms!

Theses are my Cayugas April and May today May laid her first black egg

Attachments

• 184B808D-3248-48FC-98E2-27131E9B9C56.jpeg
    184B808D-3248-48FC-98E2-27131E9B9C56.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 58E3A273-7FE0-4E23-A39D-4B127D7E2278.jpeg
    58E3A273-7FE0-4E23-A39D-4B127D7E2278.jpeg
    827.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1CBB135A-E698-4A53-B91E-BA3E6F18EE1B.jpeg
    1CBB135A-E698-4A53-B91E-BA3E6F18EE1B.jpeg
    906.6 KB · Views: 6
  • BBD48EC8-E486-471B-AFEE-1E9E179E9828.jpeg
    BBD48EC8-E486-471B-AFEE-1E9E179E9828.jpeg
    534.3 KB · Views: 6
  • F40169AA-4E47-44C3-B099-6C795967B062.jpeg
    F40169AA-4E47-44C3-B099-6C795967B062.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Hey city, I'm also newer to having ducks. They are super cute and wow yes do they grow a lot faster. Also very messy but in my opinion cuter than chicks. I got 5 myself that are 3 weeks old. I've been thinking about goats but not sure what care goes with them

Our goats are pretty easy, more like dogs 🤪we have 2.3 acres and they are allowed to roam about a third of it. I feed them goat feed in the morning and the rest of the day they eat whatever in the yard, poison ivy, thorny bushes, etc. Everything I’ve read says to make sure they have fresh clean drinking water but honestly mine prefer to drink dirty bucket water or from our tiny pond 🤷🏽‍♀️Guess they didn’t know they were supposed to drink the fresh. We put them up in a shelter overnight (ours is an old chicken coop that was on our property when we moved in but a lean to is fine).we do trim their hooves every so often and brush on occasion. They get treats at night as “good boys,” when they put themselves to bed. Ours are whethers so we use them to help maintain the brush and what not. A Nigerian dwarf and a myotonic. They love to be around us and do well (for the most part) with the chickens (occasionally they’ll try to headbutt them).

they really are! they’re supposed to be great layers and they’re sweet too. we ordered them online from Metzer farms!
I've always thought about ordering online but have been nervous that they would come to my house dead. Do they ship eggs or actual live ducks?

Our goats are pretty easy, more like dogs 🤪we have 2.3 acres and they are allowed to roam about a third of it. I feed them goat feed in the morning and the rest of the day they eat whatever in the yard, poison ivy, thorny bushes, etc. Everything I’ve read says to make sure they have fresh clean drinking water but honestly mine prefer to drink dirty bucket water or from our tiny pond 🤷🏽‍♀️Guess they didn’t know they were supposed to drink the fresh. We put them up in a shelter overnight (ours is an old chicken coop that was on our property when we moved in but a lean to is fine).we do trim their hooves every so often and brush on occasion. They get treats at night as “good boys,” when they put themselves to bed. Ours are whethers so we use them to help maintain the brush and what not. A Nigerian dwarf and a myotonic. They love to be around us and do well (for the most part) with the chickens (occasionally they’ll try to headbutt them).
Lol that's really funny about them headbutting. We got trails of woods 6 acres of it actually but they are really getting over grown. I wonder if they would help maintain that. Trimming their hooves, how often do you do that and is it hard. Also may be a dumb question but how do you do that.

I've always thought about ordering online but have been nervous that they would come to my house dead. Do they ship eggs or actual live ducks?
yeah unfortunately it does happen.. when we ordered our first 4 ducks one of them had died in shipping, but the company immediately sent us 2 free ones that were healthy and got here just fine. luckily that isn’t supposed to be very common, and my family has just had bad luck. they do both!

yeah unfortunately it does happen.. when we ordered our first 4 ducks one of them had died in shipping, but the company immediately sent us 2 free ones that were healthy and got here just fine. luckily that isn’t supposed to be very common, and my family has just had bad luck. they do both!
Do they have lots of breeds? Also I'm curious do ducks just lay eggs on their own without mating like with Khakis or Pekins

Back
Top Bottom