Join DUCK Club!

Pics
I completely relate.

Ducks, "QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!!!!!"

Interpretation: "Omg there is a scary predator, come quickly before we die! We NEED you!"

Obviously I rush outside barefoot and half dressed. "What's wrong? Where's the predator? I'm ready to fight it off barehanded my precious ducklings!"

The ducks start peeping (they are over 6 and 7 years old) and waddle over to their jar of mealworms. "You little liars!"
Lol it seems how to be. Except they see me as the predator I feel like lol

Lol it seems how to be. Except they see me as the predator I feel like lol
I recommend that you buy a 5lb bag of mealworms and keep a small bag in your pocket. Everytime you walk past your ducks throw them mealworms. Make sure every duck gets at least one mealworm. Don't do scary things. Soon they will think of you as the provider of mealworms instead of the predator.

Of course... They may call you out of your house half dressed for their entitled mealworm emergencies. So...

I recommend that you buy a 5lb bag of mealworms and keep a small bag in your pocket. Everytime you walk past your ducks throw them mealworms. Make sure every duck gets at least one mealworm. Don't do scary things. Soon they will think of you as the provider of mealworms instead of the predator.

Of course... They may call you out of your house half dressed for their entitled mealworm emergencies. So...
Lol is that the trick?

Y'all I am worried about these silver appleyards - they are the least chill ducklings in the batch. I have successfully wooed the other ducks & geese, but these two....nope, I am an axe murderer.
My ducklings were afraid of me too. Tried everything and couldn't figure out why. I feel like they imprinted on each more than me so when one did something the rest did it. So if one was freaked out by humans the rest would go nuts

My ducklings were afraid of me too. Tried everything and couldn't figure out why. I feel like they imprinted on each more than me so when one did something the rest did it. So if one was freaked out by humans the rest would go nuts

Yeah, they're definitely attached to the geese, which makes sense, but they're also just soo nervous about everything. I'm hoping they grow out of it, they're meant to be a very friendly and relaxed breed 🙃

Back
Top Bottom