Joint soreness and swolleness

Ah, this is most likely the cause of them dying. They could very well be eating old moldy feed and/or wood chips. Without grit they would not be able to grind up any small pieces of wood they may have ingested, which could block up their digestive system. I would get them some chick grit asap and keep the food in feeders only. I prefer this style for little chicks.

View attachment 3479304
Okay! I do change their containers out every day, but I'll definitely get a container for the feed for the other chicks! I'll keep you posted on how they start doing! Thank you!

The update I said I would give Lol I switched their feed to a container and only had 1 die with the usual symptoms since then, but I think she was already not doing very good before that. The rest are starting to get all their feathers and are getting very big. I'm planning on cutting open the last chick to check it's stomach out. Thank you all again for all the help you provided!

The update I said I would give Lol I switched their feed to a container and only had 1 die with the usual symptoms since then, but I think she was already not doing very good before that. The rest are starting to get all their feathers and are getting very big. I'm planning on cutting open the last chick to check it's stomach out. Thank you all again for all the help you provided!
Glad to hear they are starting to do better! :)

Good to hear that they are doing better. Chickens don't have a stomach, you'll want to look in the crop, gizzard and intestines. Let us know what you find.
1682512718094.png

Back
Top Bottom