Journalist needs urban poultry keeper for EZ email interview

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by stewartlake, Sep 27, 2009.

1. stewartlake

stewartlake New Egg

Jun 30, 2009
    Hi all,

I'm a freelance writer with an assignment from a national magazine to do a brief (300 word) piece on the surge in backyard poultry.

Anybody want to do a very simple email interview with me? It would consist of just a couple of questions.

Details available from me at my regular email address: [email protected]

Thanks,
    Robin Mather Jenkins

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:Iwould help you but let me find some time for that first, if you can wait couple of days I will answer your ? or pm me and I wll answer your questions.

3. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Ill do it. I have a small backyard flock in Colorado. You can email me or pm if you wish

4. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    I'll do it, too. I have very specific reasons for wanting a backyard flock, if that is the angle of your story.

5. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nor Cal here and willing to help... send me a note and I'll answer any questions you might have.

6. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I would be willing to help too. Im in Central Texas.

7. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

Same here... feel free to contact me via email if you like.

Washington State here.

8. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Wondering what ever happend to that last journalist/tv producer who was looking for coops in the los angeles area...anyone?

9. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Need more information. What magazine? When?

10. stewartlake

stewartlake New Egg

Jun 30, 2009
    Hi all,

Yes, I need to clarify this a little.

The magazine is a monthly Sunday newspaper insert called Relish. It is essentially a "good food" magazine, if you haven't seen it.

The article will be positive (I keep chickens myself, 5 golden comet hens) ... and will discuss how many cities are changing laws to permit people to keep chickens in places where they perhaps weren't allowed to do so previously. It will feature several recipes which I have developed.

Specifically, I'd like to interview someone who keeps only a few birds ... and is new at it, relatively speaking. While I admire the heck out of those of you who are able to keep lots of chickens -- and perhaps other livestock too -- for the purposes of this article, I need someone who only has 3 to 5 birds.

I have written about food for nearly 30 years, and have been a staff writer at the Detroit News, the Chicago Tribune and Cooking Light magazine. Feel free to google me.

Any other questions?

Thanks very much,
    Robin Mather Jenkins

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by