moirakmcghee

Songster
5 Years
Dec 26, 2018
Hi Everyone! Moira McGhee again. For those who didn't see my previous post, I'm a freelance writer who frequently writes for "Hobby Farms" magazine and now for their sister publication "Chickens" magazine. My previous article for "Chickens" covered fermented feed and several Backyard Chickens members helped me by answering questions, so I could use their answers as quotes in my article.

My new assignment is on cover crops for your chickens, so I'm looking for anyone with a small to medium sized flock who grows cover crops for their chickens either as part of their feed or just as a special treat. Anyone interested in participating in my article would answer a series of questions and I would pull out answers to incorporate into an article.

When I quote someone in the magazine, my editor does require that I include the first and last name and location (city and state) of the person being quoted. If you have a farm name, brief history of your chicken endeavors or other information you'd also like included with your name/location, I can usually work this information in.

Anyone who participates who are quoted in the article are sent a free copy of the magazine shortly before it hits the news stands, so you would also send me a mailing address, but only if you'd like a copy.

Anyone who's interested, please private message me and we can do the "interview" either through this forum or over email, whichever you prefer. If you know of someone who's been growing cover crops for their chickens and might be interested in being in my article, please forward this post to them or send me their name and I'll try to reach out to them.

Anyone who helped me with my last article who would like to vouch that I'm really a writer and not trying to scam anyone, please feel free to give my post your endorsement. I'd really appreciate it!! :) Thank everyone in advance for any help you might be able to give me!!

If you're undecided about working with me, look at some examples of my work by visiting the Hobby Farms website, then search my name, click on one of the articles that pops up and scroll to the bottom where my bio is located and click on "More Articles" and all of my articles will pop up. I hope to hear from some eager participants soon! :) Sincerely, Moira McGhee

Great article on fermented feed. I loved my free magazine issue. Hope you find many participants. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom