How I feed my flock now - journey on the middle ground

TheFatBlueCat

Crowing
Oct 16, 2021
New Zealand
My Coop
My Coop
Hi all,

I have made this little film story about my flock feeding journey. I want to thank @Perris for giving me the confidence to 'go public' with what I am doing, I love your article about your homemade feed; and @U_Stormcrow for all the knowledge I've gained from you, you are truly a great resource for so many here. Plus so many other members who have participated in discussions and answered questions, there is so much learning to be had here.
I also want to link this thread with a really interesting book from the 1920s, I only just read it and was astonished to see that where I had 'ended up' on my feeding quest, was very close to what was being recommended back then.
Poultry for The Farm and Home

I'll add a disclaimer before anyone from here watches this video. I do think that it is entirely possible (although not simple) to feed a fully homemade feed. Because this video is 'in the wild', so to speak, I wanted to be careful about the words I chose on camera, as I have no way of knowing who might watch it. Nobody should ever take what any one person says as the gospel truth! I mention BYC in the video, and I've linked it in the description, so hopefully anyone who finds it can find their way to this wealth of information too!

I hope you enjoy it :)

Hi all,

I have made this little film story about my flock feeding journey. I want to thank @Perris for giving me the confidence to 'go public' with what I am doing, I love your article about your homemade feed; and @U_Stormcrow for all the knowledge I've gained from you, you are truly a great resource for so many here. Plus so many other members who have participated in discussions and answered questions, there is so much learning to be had here.
I also want to link this thread with a really interesting book from the 1920s, I only just read it and was astonished to see that where I had 'ended up' on my feeding quest, was very close to what was being recommended back then.
Poultry for The Farm and Home

I'll add a disclaimer before anyone from here watches this video. I do think that it is entirely possible (although not simple) to feed a fully homemade feed. Because this video is 'in the wild', so to speak, I wanted to be careful about the words I chose on camera, as I have no way of knowing who might watch it. Nobody should ever take what any one person says as the gospel truth! I mention BYC in the video, and I've linked it in the description, so hopefully anyone who finds it can find their way to this wealth of information too!

I hope you enjoy it :)

I very much enjoyed this. Its full of detailed explanation on the what's and why's - the assumptions people overlook when selecting a feed plan for their birds 0- without getting deep int he weeds. "This is what I do, this is what I considered before deciding on this, these are factors that might make you choose differently."

Yes, I pretty much love this, Nicely done.

I very much enjoyed this. Its full of detailed explanation on the what's and why's - the assumptions people overlook when selecting a feed plan for their birds 0- without getting deep int he weeds. "This is what I do, this is what I considered before deciding on this, these are factors that might make you choose differently."

Yes, I pretty much love this, Nicely done.

Thank you so much for your kind words (which mean a lot to me, coming from you :p), and for taking the time to watch it with what I know is limited internet data for you. You helped me a lot while I figured the whole chicken feeding thing out so I'm really glad you liked it.

Good morning! That's a lovely video about your journey to find a feed that works for you and your flock; I enjoyed especially your easy manner, and the advice to others to go with what they're comfortable with, and to pay close attention to how the flock responds to changes. Your flock looks wonderful, and your birds are clearly thriving on your regime.

Good morning! That's a lovely video about your journey to find a feed that works for you and your flock; I enjoyed especially your easy manner, and the advice to others to go with what they're comfortable with, and to pay close attention to how the flock responds to changes. Your flock looks wonderful, and your birds are clearly thriving on your regime.

Thanks for watching, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your great article on your homemade feed was so good it inspired me to tell my own story.

Back
Top Bottom