Jubilee & Mottled Orp Project Pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hinkjc, Nov 28, 2009.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    The babies are growing nicely and coloring is turning out well. Can't wait to see them full grown next spring! I am sure we still have lots of work to do on these, but thought you may enjoy the updated pics of these cuties. They are so curious, so it wasn't easy getting pics of them. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Oh my goodness! I love the color! Great job on this project to date. Keep up the good work. [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wow... looking more and more like my speckled sussex and my ancona! Only in Orp form!

4. TACEYPERKINS

TACEYPERKINS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Medford,Oregon
    Looking fabulous! Thank you for the pictures [​IMG]

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Wow I reckon, nice job!!!! Wait til Katy sees them! lol

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  6. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Their mottling is coming on nicely. Congrats.

7. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Thanks everyone! I'm really excited for this project. We're getting ready to hatch from the other side of this and those should be interesting too. I can't wait to share more with everyone on our progress on these. I expect the others will be a lighter jubilee pattern in comparison to these. Should be a beautiful variation in mille coloring till we're finished.

8. KyBlue

KyBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    Nice color! As always, amazed at your progress!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Thanks kyblue! Some of the spangles are a little smudgy, but some are very defined and nice looking. I think this is good progress and we'll be watching type very closely as we go as well. I wish the birds didn't take so long to grow out for the next generation progress. It surely is a slow go, but fun to watch.

10. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Very pretty! Two questions though. What is the difference between jubilee and mille fleur (well, other than obviously milles are a buff color and not red like these)? Also, how much longer do you think you'll have until these guys and gals are perfected? All your project birds look pretty good to me so far [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by