Judge my coop & run :)

can you give us a better picture of how the run roof connects to the coop? it looks like there’s a really big gap that something could get in
yes there is a gap there but it's required for the door to open and close though i could further block it with some mesh

how do good designs have the door mechanism function from the outside?

I don't see a people access door. You're going to need a wide one for cleaning and catching a bird if needed.
I plan on doing this though the front door though have also considered cutting a hinged door in the side of the coop...

yes there is a gap there but it's required for the door to open and close though i could further block it with some mesh

how do good designs have the door mechanism function from the outside?
i don’t think i have a good picture of it, but my pop door is operated by a length of paracord tied to an eye bolt that can be pulled open from the outside.
F9C229C9-AB54-4274-A6EA-AC8EBBF2A1C5.png

you can see the screw that holds the cord and keeps the door open. that paracord goes up along the top of the coop and comes down to an eye bolt that pulls the door open.

i don’t think i have a good picture of it, but my pop door is operated by a length of paracord tied to an eye bolt that can be pulled open from the outside.
View attachment 2913489
you can see the screw that holds the cord and keeps the door open. that paracord goes up along the top of the coop and comes down to an eye bolt that pulls the door open.

Here's a clear view of how that operates on the Little Monitor Coop:
0121211125-jpg.2497653

And here is a less clear look at how it operated when it had an attached run:
img_0503-jpg.2497638

And my access door (on the side opposite the coop but could have been put in on the side opposite the nests):
0121211419b-jpg.2497870

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-little-monitor-coop.76275/

Ok so I have finally had sometime to add more ventilation so my coop is getting closer to being ready

Friend is growing my chicks for me as he has a brooder and they're soo cute hehe

Last edited:
Yea we have had a very wet summer here in Sydney this year and it seems alright though two if the sides do have fences so it would be a different story if it was out in the open.

Back
Top Bottom