july 10th TSC Augusta, Maine

Is anyone going that might have frizzles for sale? I am looking for a real nice colorful cochin frizzle rooster. Also wondering if there is a rain date? The weather for Saturday is not looking so great.

got an exact list together today on what im bringing down

old english bantam pair ( roo is silver duckwing, hen is brown-red) $15.00

trio of serama's $20.00

assorted laying hens $8.00 each

black showgirl pair and the hens chick $15.00

old english standered bb red trio $20.00

white face black spanish bantam pair (5 months old) $15.00

mix cochin,turken,polish chicks (3-4 months old) $4.00 each

4 to 5 week mix standered chicks $2.50 each

adult quail $4.50 each

4-5 week quail $3.00 each

2 week quail $2.00 each

quail eggs $3.50/dozen

like new little gianmt incubator and 35 egg capacity turner $60.00

and a few mutts and extras kickin around

if anyone is interested in having me save anyhting for them than shoot me a PM

Last edited:
I'm really new to chickens and I have never been to a "chicken swap." How does it work? Do you just show up with some chickens in a cage and say, "Hey, I like that chicken so I'll give you this chicken?" Will someone please explain this event for me?

Hi Cat Water. Pretty simple. You just show up. Set up what you have with you for animals, equipment, plants etc.. You can choose to sell or swap. It depends on if there is anything there that catches your eye. I always go saying that I'm not bringing anything new home with me.....well I'm hoping that will happen one of these days. :) Look forward to meeting you.

Quote:
you show up with or without chickens . you sell what you have or buy what others are offering if you like what they have.
it's more of a "sale" then a trade. you also can bring other stuff too. farm related, rabbits, poultry, the like.
I am bringing stepping stone and memorial stones that I have made. the memorial stones are for a customer but the stepping stone is of a chicken. I can do pretty much any thing in glass.
(ok, within reason)

I will also have BYC stuff and plan to wear my name tag (Hoppy) so other BYCer can find me- anyone else going to have a BYC name tag??

make sure to bring boxes to send home chickens in. you don't have to have them but it helps.

Last edited:
Quote:
welcome to BYC catwater- look me up at the swap if you go. I have silkies just going into the incubator tomorrow.

Thanks, guys for the quick explanation! I really hope that I don't come home with more. I'm just selling my two chicks becasue like I said, I have way to many. I have a total of ten right now...I have room for a maximum of 6 adults. I was planning on selling three of the six pullets I got from My Pet Chicken and adopt two more silkies locally. I ended up getting four silkies and my little sister got attached to one of the Buffs I was going to sell. I have one too many! Three of those silkies look and act like roosters, though. I don't know...

I can do anything in yarn! Like my signature says, I am a crochet ninja! I can make stuffed animals, hats, bags, slippers, really anything. PM me if you want me to make and bring something! I can make them look like chickens in any color that yarn comes in! I need extra money anyway. I'll make my own nametag if you guys want! I'll see you there!

Back
Top Bottom