July 1st hatching ..DAY 23 for a few of us!

Your humidity might be fine, but if there is not enough oxygen in the bator your chicks will suffocate. That is why you need to remove at least 1 of the plugs and add sponges or a container of water to raise the humidity.

4 of mine have hatched now and 2 more pipped!

wee.gif

Quote:
I'm sure it does, but it's only circulating the air already in the bator. Your chicks will need fresh air and oxygen to breath as they hatch.

Quote:
Ventilation at hatch is just as important as humidity. The hatching chicks need the extra oxygen available with the increased ventilation, for a healthy hatch. Some people at high elevation find getting enough ventilation, because of the thinner air (I live at 5,300'), as big a concern as the humidity.

well i would imagine that most of us do not live as high up as yourself. My fan kit keeps air circulating quite nicely

I have a fan kit and it circulates nicely, but it is circulating the air already in the bator. You need a good fresh air exchange near hatch to ensure a good level of oxygen. The instructions for your incubator should have a section that explains why you need to remove the plugs.

Quote:
I'm sure it does, but it's only circulating the air already in the bator. Your chicks will need fresh air and oxygen to breath as they hatch.

yes...i realize this. The reason my plugs are still in is because i want to create a "stable" humidity for when/if they start to pip. Once the shell is broken you can bet your arse my plugs will be out for fresh air to circulate. Reason they are in now is because the idea of a stable humidity once they start to hatch is wayyyyyy better in my mind than a humidity that keep's going up and down because the plugs are out b/4 they start piping.

Quote:
Hey, best of luck to you. Everything will probably work out fine. There was a member on here that even incubated (successfully) an egg between her boobs.
tongue.png

Quote:
Hey, best of luck to you. Everything will probably work out fine. There was a member on here that even incubated (successfully) an egg between her boobs.
tongue.png

thanks. So...Her BOOBS!!!!!!!! you say???
gig.gif
Wow...that is just crazy. I think im going to haft to see proof..as in pictures.... LMAO!!!!
lau.gif

I just hope that since i may have started lockdown a little early that i didn't harm my eggs any.

Quote:
You might try a search on here. I don't remember the users name and the posts got a little racey, so the thread might have been removed, but it did happen. How could I make up something like that?
tongue.png

I think the post was removed because it became not so "G" rated.
gig.gif
I did it with a just hatched chick that wasn't doing so well. It was the only place I thought I could keep an eye on it and keep it warm enough at the same time.
tongue.png

I have seen a few post of women having eggs in the bra or tank top after a broody abandons the nest with the early hatchers and have had from 1 to three chicks hatch in their shirt. I guessing in southern states where its more humid around here we wouldn't have enough humidity i wouldn't think.

Back
Top Bottom