July 1st hatching ..DAY 23 for a few of us!

NOTHING HERE!

ARE due Today the 2nd, But I have a feeling I delayed if not killed there hatch from my temps being off.
hmm.png

Last edited:
I just lost 360 pharoah eggs that did not hatch. I think the humity was to dry. I am just sick, my first batch of 120 eggs, hatched at 16 days with 94 out of 120 hatching, and I did not know what I was doing. The next batch of 240 eggs, I sprayed with a water mister and they did not hatch, too much humity. Oh bother, I am going to give it a rest, before I try again.

Well my hatch is over and out of 12 eggs I currently have 4 babies, one died after hatching. I know that all the eggs were fertile and 4 were fully formed chicks that never pipped so I'm sure that my inexperience probably killed them. I'm glad that the ones I have are doing ok but it's really disheartening to know I screwed up that bad.
hit.gif
Congrats to everyone on your hatches!
woot.gif

My sikies are cutting shell. The first to pip still hasn't made it far. It seems like that first to pip usually dies of exhaustion if I dont lend it a hand. I'm sitting on my hands for at least another 12 hours.
hmm.png

Quote:

oh gosh..NEVER!!! unplug the bator untill a few day's after your hatch date. Last year my aunt hatched out of the same LG bator that i have. Day 21 came and she only got 2 babies to hatch out of the 14 eggs she had in their. Then on day 24...BOOM!!! 8 more babies came out!!!! She is a hawk when it comes to wathcing stuff and i know her humid and temp's were spot on through the entire process. So never give up!!

Of the 10 fertil egg's that were in on day 14.....8 of them are hatched and healthy!!! Hey , i will take an 80% hatch ANY day
celebrate.gif
But with two little eggs left, im keeping them in their for a few more days just to be sure. I had a EARLY day 19 hatcher. So who am i to rule out late bloomers?
thumbsup.gif

I wasn't going to give up yet! ... have no fear..
Da ta daaaaa! Super mum is here ...lol

I'll give them several more days.
Just trying to keep my hopes down so I can be surprised and Happy if something does hatch ...lol

Maybe they know I'm having issues with them in town ...lol and are waiting
cool.png
incognito!

I just heard two eggs churping I thought i only had one good egg left and the other was a dud because at day 18 the dud wasn't fully filling the egg shell when candled.... hmmm maybe i have a suprise extra baby maybe
big_smile.png
that would make my day. My first little churper has attemped to pip you have to look real hard to see where its attempt was it didn't break all the way thru but man does that egg sound mad its won't be quite my luck its a little hot headed roo haha

Back
Top Bottom