*~* JULY Canning/Preserve Swap Let me know when you receive *~*.

tamsflock

Songster
11 Years
Nov 13, 2008
Ashville, Alabama
Coordinator: tamsflock

I thought this would be a nice change of swaps. Since a lot of us have started canning/preserves for the summer why not do a canned goods swap, jams, jellies, relish, soups, tomato sauce, salsa, pickles, veggies, fruits etc.

I will take names until June 30th 10 pm. What we will do is send out one or two small jars pint size, this should keep the postage cost down. The items need to be freshly canned this year. The jars need to be wrapped with bubble wrap really good, I mean really good. To keep them safe.

This will be a secret exchange in a way. I will draw names on July 1, and send you your name and address. This is the way the names will go:This is an example if I draw a name for me "tamsflock" and it is SuzieQ. We are partners I will send to Suzie Q and Suzie Q will send to me
Also if you could let me know what you will be sending in your swap and if there is something you don’t want . Maybe someone is a diabetic and won’t want jam that is loaded with sugar I will try my best to put you with someone who might have fruits are veggies canned instead.
You may PM me if you have any questions about the swap

Due date to have your box mailed to your swapper is no later than July 25th, 2009 Anyone is allowed to join. BUT PLEASE if you join, keep your commitment.

I have never done this before so please be patient w/me.
wink.png

DISCLAIMER:
BYC, and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap and that people should only swap if they are comfortable knowing they might not get the canning/preserve item in return. I will do my best to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone.

Participants:
1. giasmom ~ address recd ~ shipped ~ received
2. tamsflock ~ address recd ~ shipped ~ received
3. montcapu ~ address recd ~
4. Acre of Blessings ~ address recd~shipped~ received
5. Justusnak ~ address recd ~shipped ~received
6. CountryPantry ~ address recd ~ Shipped ~
7. Scoop ~ address recd~ shipped~received
8. brandytab ~ address recd ~
9. jenlyn9483 ~address recd ~ shipped ~received
10. bigtooks ~ address recd ~shipped~received
11. chicks n horses ~ address recd~shipped~received
12. Mrs Glassman ~ address recd ~shipped ~ received
13. Kelly HM ~ address recd ~ shipped~received
14. eggxentric ~ address recd ~ shipped ~ Received
15. buckeye lady ~ address recd ~shipped~received
16. jenjscott ~ address recd ~shipped ~received
17. card5640 ~address recd ~ shipping 7/21
18. babylady4 ~ address recd ~shipped ~ received
19. ms bear ~ address recd ~ shipped ~ received
20. pumpkinpup ~ address recd ~ shipped ~received
21. tifs broody babes ~ address recd ~shipped~received
22. Catalina ~ address recd~ shipped~received

Last edited:
Hey Tam, I think this is a great idea. I will join. I want to wait before I commit to what I will send as I will can some more before the end of the month. Is that okay?

Perfectly fine to wait and let me know later!! Like you said maybe we should include a note that says what ingrediants are in the items in case someone has allergies.
Thanks
wink.png

Hey, Tamsflock....why don't you push the date back to about Mid to late Aug. since the people that live out in the mid and western parts of the country harvest their gardens later than us.

It's up to you....just a thought (which you already know that)
smile.png

**** hand raised ****
What size jars, pints, quarts, pretty jelly jars? What if you really have never canned before?
big_smile.png

I might just keep watch! and try my luck later!!

GPN Nessia

Back
Top Bottom