***JULY HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

can i join ?
big_smile.png

i got 2 chicken eggs due 4/5th of july

and 4 duck eggs about 6th of july (dont really know how old thay are
hmm.png
)

and 2 more duck eggs due on the 11/12th july

My husband brought me home an incubator and 13 more eggs and I set them yesterday. So they will will be due July 16. So I have 7 in my homemade incubator due the 13th and 13 in the LG due the 16th. They are all crosses as far as I know.

Quote:
of course you can...We want everyone hatching...and Save the Favs. is Great at helping you get a good hatch...lord knows she had to pm me enough times. LOL..

Can I join in? This is the first time I have set eggs (or even tried to raise babies for that matter) so I'm very nervous about the results I may get. I received 18 eggs from a local guy and one was cracked so I set 17. I think they are due on July 6th. That will be 23 days from when I put them in the bator. I have 11 that have definite movement in them. Now for the questions: 1. When I checked them at about 14 days I discarded the ones with no development. How long should I have waited before I took them out and tossed them? 2. I know that you don't turn them after a certain day. What day is it that I stop using the auto turner? Do I take it out completely or just turn it off? Should the eggs be left to hatch in it or laying down? I feel like there are so many ways to screw this up...I am such a worrier.
barnie.gif
th.gif
Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Quote:
Day 18 is the day you stop turning. You should probably remove the turner so that it doesn't get dirty during the hatch, and so that no one gets stuck in the holes and breaks a leg or something. If you want to keep the eggs more stable, put them pointy side down in half an egg carton. It helps with the first hatchers playing kickball. I leave mine laying down, either way works. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom