July Hatch-a-long

Any one have any idea why all my babies would hatch but die within an hour of hatching!?!?!? They also hatch weird to me right out of the side???? That's not normal is it none of them peeped either all they did was make a hole in the side then make it bigger and bigger till they could fit out????? I don't know what I did wrong temp and humidity was right on all the way through incubation also they hatched on day 25 So what did I do wrong also rotated 3 times at the same time just makes me sadWhat comes to
HI,
Geeze I am sorry............
hugs.gif

I have only had this happen one time and mine turned out to be bacteria................
I was trying to hatch for a friend that gave me dirty eggs....Cleaned them as best I could but ended up with
sick, wet chicks that did not make it.
Most of mine zip out about the middle of the egg???????????

I've been having a lot of trouble keeping the humidity steady, I have to add water just about every hour, and it doesn't stabilize. I live near the coast in NC, where it's really humid too. I just don't understand
barnie.gif

I probably am posting this in the wrong thread, but I wanted to know if I could introduce my day old chicks to week old turkey poults? I was suppose to get my poults sooner but they mom & pop shop told me that the hatchery kepts pushing the date further & wasn't sure when they were getting them. So I thought I'll hatch some eggs in the mean time and *hopefully* the poults come around the same time and help them find food and water themselves. So with the poults being a little older, are they going to be ok around the chicks? I just won't look forward to cleaning up the remnants of a horror scene & I'd like to keep as many chicks as I can
Just keep an eye on them, make sure there is enough room, food, water etc for both. I do have mine together & have not had a problem

Ugh, guys, I made a stupid. This morning starts day 2, which is when my incubator stops auto turning. During my last hatch, I had two chicks pipping the wrong end, so I wanted to open up the incubator for a moment to tilt the eggs and hopefully encourage proper exiting (they lay horizontal in the Mini.) Problem is, I assumed I wouldn't have a pip on the morning of day 2! The time the brooder lay open was less than 10 seconds before I realized what I was seeing, but now I'm feeling terrible if I've just messed up that chick's hatch.

And the moral of this story is: Don't break lockdown. :/
IF you HAVE to do it, & I have several times- you need to have a warm wet paper towel to stick in when you open it. It help to stop loss of heat & humidity.

Any one have any idea why all my babies would hatch but die within an hour of hatching!?!?!? They also hatch weird to me right out of the side???? That's not normal is it none of them peeped either all they did was make a hole in the side then make it bigger and bigger till they could fit out????? I don't know what I did wrong temp and humidity was right on all the way through incubation also they hatched on day 25 So what did I do wrong also rotated 3 times at the same time just makes me sad
I had this happen twice b/4- never did figure out what went wrong-

As of now, 4 of the 6 eggs have hatched, and the other two have pipped! I feel a bit sorry for this little one. She had to hatch with another chick sleeping on top of her egg and is clearly exhausted, but her more precocious siblings are thundering around between naps and disturbing her every few seconds. :p Poor dear.

Here's chick #1- you can't really see the color in the pic- but it's a solid light blue all over. This pic makes it look splash..

2 more hatched- I had to take them out. Two more pretty blues and I think a splash. Maybe they are all gonna be blue splash? These pics show them as yellow patches- but they are not there in real life.

Bottom pic show color better-

Back
Top Bottom