Jumbo Coturnix

chasif

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 3, 2014
Dear All,

I also have many varieties of coturnix and I live in a country where i cannot find the jumbo cotornix variety. I want to have this one also. Can anyone help me in this regard to create the jumbo brown by matting of different coturnix species. Is it possible ?

Thanks!

Ch Asif

It won't necessarily be the Jumbo Brown, but it's still possible for you to end up with a strain of jumbo sized quail. Keep in mind, though, that you are looking at several generations of selective breeding. What I would do is breed the largest male you have with the largest females, regardless of varieties. Keep saving and breeding only the largest quail and over time you should end up with a larger strain. Best of luck!

Let me shoot one more question please. If i start through selective breeding, how many generations shall end it up to have the maximum sized one ?

Let me shoot one more question please. If i start through selective breeding, how many generations shall end it up to have the maximum sized one ?
Depends on the genetics of the birds you start with.

Also there is no "maximum size" You'll reach a point where you birds have leg problems and then you've gone past the "maximum size" lol.

Back
Top Bottom