Jumbo eggs got me worried!!

Yup I do 18% starter grower ,mealworms ,black oil sunflower seeds, 5 grain scratch, mixed greens every other day and I don’t free range much, coz of the eagles, hawks and cougars, I let 5 out at a time for 30 min( I got 20 ) but I do add ground stuff from the woods behind my house which is always crawling with tons of bugs and little critters they love to gobble on, every 3 days and oyster shells as choice .

My 6 hens are
copper maran
buff rock
americana
speckled sussex
2 RRR

They're all aroud 3-8 months old. 3 or more are laying now since beginning around Oct 8.

RRR
Buff rock
?

One (?) hen is laying eggs consistently in the upper 60's (gram). Very recently I've gotten two eggs that are 70g and 76g. they're a nice solid brown not light, not dark, but a nice rich brown.

Any guesses which hen is laying jumbo eggs would be appreciated. Also, is 76 about tops? I'm not expecting eggs bigger than that.

I've had bantams for years. This is the first time I've ever had big chickens. I traded my flock of banties for these. I will say, they have a large clean pen, so not crowded. They're getting laying food and I put my shells in an electric food grinder and add the bits of shell back into their bulk feed bag. They get healthy scraps and get to free range a couple of hours in the afternoon. I have to worry about hawks, so free range is liites. They're very well cared for and pen and coops kept clean, clean water etc. Lovely disposition, they're comfortable eating our of my hand, Funny thing, the copper maran is the only one standoffish.

Back
Top Bottom