Jumbo Pekin or (regular...?)Pekin?

Yes if your going to get ducklings they will need the extra niacin if your going to feed chick starter. All flock feed like Purina Flock Raiser is really much better it has the right amount of niacin for water fowl. Still will be a good idea to have some liquid B complex on hand just in case one develops weak legs it works fast is the best when one has a problem. TSC has the best one.

Thank you Miss Lydia and Fort Cluck so much!!! I'm planning on getting my Pekins from Metzer Farms. I'm so excited to be getting my females! As far as I can tell duck eggs sell for quite abit more than chicken eggs. Them being farm fresh adds a few cents to that too. I bought 6 eggs in Ohio at $1 per egg and they weren't even farm fresh! How much can I expect to charge for the eggs?

Thank you Miss Lydia and Fort Cluck so much!!! I'm planning on getting my Pekins from Metzer Farms. I'm so excited to be getting my females! As far as I can tell duck eggs sell for quite abit more than chicken eggs. Them being farm fresh adds a few cents to that too. I bought 6 eggs in Ohio at $1 per egg and they weren't even farm fresh! How much can I expect to charge for the eggs?
Where I live it's 6 for $15 for fertile Pekin eggs for incubation and $6-$8 for a dozen for eating.

Well to begin with I'm 15 yr. old. I've been wanting females for a very long time. Finally dad told me that I can get females if I can find 6 people to buy the eggs and I pay for the ducks and their feed on my own. So I've been trying to find people to buy them. The first person I asked said yes so it's going good so far! Lol. Thank you again for your advice and time!

I believe you’ll do just fine.. be sure to let us know when you get your new ladies. How many do you plan on getting? Drakes are very hormonal so you’ll Need at least 3 females for each of your boys so the girls have a better chance of not being abused.

Last edited:
Yes if your going to get ducklings they will need the extra niacin if your going to feed chick starter. All flock feed like Purina Flock Raiser is really much better it has the right amount of niacin for water fowl. Still will be a good idea to have some liquid B complex on hand just in case one develops weak legs it works fast is the best when one has a problem. TSC has the best one.
Sorry, somehow I didn't see this msg before! Anyway i will be doing my best to give them a good start of in life!❤️

Too bad you do not have them now. They would love your weather right now.
IKR!!! It is absolutely perfect here! Finally starting to cool down! It's 75° here currently and it's been raining! My drakes, Zephir and Kephir are loving Hurricane Imelda! (And me too)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom