Jumping button quails

Pictures plz
20210522_111004.jpg

Pied (would ve pure white but had spots so splash pied if u want)is the white and female red breasted is the other one they are fully feathered it seems look old enough, but they still like to be in the 80's even as adults and they do scare in the dark

Attachments

• 20210505_115438.jpg
    20210505_115438.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210505_115456.jpg
    20210505_115456.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 5
Pied (would ve pure white but had spots so splash pied if u want)is the white and female red breasted is the other one they are fully feathered it seems look old enough, but they still like to be in the 80's even as adults and they do scare in the dark
Wait so that means that my white one is a female? The pet store said that the white one was a bit young to detect the gender but they surely think it was a girl

Wait so that means that my white one is a female? The pet store said that the white one was a bit young to detect the gender but they surely think it was a girl
Whites are hard to gender untill they lay or crow the other is female

Ohh okay my white one doesn't crow
But it hasnt laid a egg yet either i had one that looked just like it named it mina and then one day it started crowing lmao it was a boy the problem with pure whites and pieds are unless they get red or orange vent feathers or start to lay eggs or crow or growl then you cant really sex them till something happens

But it hasnt laid a egg yet either i had one that looked just like it named it mina and then one day it started crowing lmao it was a boy the problem with pure whites and pieds are unless they get red or orange vent feathers or start to lay eggs or crow or growl then you cant really sex them till something happens
Now that I think about both of my quails crow but not every day maybe once and a while and if my white one is a male do I have to get another female or is it okay to keep them as a male and female

Now that I think about both of my quails crow but not every day maybe once and a while and if my white one is a male do I have to get another female or is it okay to keep them as a male and female
Buttons are happy in male female bond pairs they are monogamous .
Weather they are both female or a male and female they should be find though a 20 gal tank might be small

Back
Top Bottom