Jumping gosling

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by epona4, May 5, 2009.

1. epona4

epona4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I never considered that goslings could/would jump. This morning I saw it for the first time.

I walked by the crate my 4 goslings are in and one of the little boys ran over and started jumping and fussing at me! Not at all in an aggressive way, but in a "Pick me! Pick me!!" way. He wouldn't stop till I opened the door and pulled him out. (he then sat on my lap for about 15 minutes.)

This little boy is the same one that got stuck in the milk carton water jug a few days ago. Made the whole big enough for them to get their heads in, too small for their bodies. He managed to get his upper body in up past his wings and got stuck. Ever since I "saved" him, he's been a mama's boy! [​IMG]

I've not named them yet, but considering calling him Jughead. [​IMG] (and the other three Betty, Veronica and either Archie or Reggie)

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Jughead sounds perfect.

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    LOLOLOL

Too funny!

I love the Archie theme. GO for it!

As for the jumping, my rouen is named BUNGIE for a reason!

4. epona4

epona4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    OK, I am going with the Archie theme and my Pilgrim male is going to be named Reggie! This morning he started pestering the other 3 goslings and is nibbling on all their tails! He's being a brat, so I think Reggie will be better than Archie. [​IMG]

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    We need pics!!! LOL

Reggie is a cool name for a duck [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by