JUNE 1st Hatch: Were locked and hatching!!!!!!!!!!

I meant my last hatch was my 1st, thought I put that but maybe I didn't. Well technically this will be my 4th since I hatched quail & emu eggs when I was younger. I did get my dates off a tad lol, I'm laying all my eggs this saturday so my turkey/duck/etc are due June 19th while my chicken eggs are due June 12th, so I'm not as far away from the 1st as I thought
smile.png

Oh & those breeds of chickens are all "possiblities," those are the breeds my eggs could be from. I'll probably only get an egg or 2 from each one, all I know is I'm getting 48+ eggs from purebred breeding pairs. The 12th isn't as bad as I thought, I've noticed a few of you have eggs due then...I love the candling pics, I'll try to get some good ones to post throughout the incubation.

Quote:
Too bad you don't live closer or I'd give you some for your birthday! I don't have my chicken coop built yet & live too close to other people to let them free range so I can't keep anything that I'm hatching right now. I usually just give them to friends & family or sell them in the paper...I could probably ship you some for the price of shipping only lol

msheet - That would be completely awesome! Do you know how much shipping will cost? We can figure all of this out in PM if you would like to
smile.png
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
I am so excited now!

I'm really excited too, I hope I get an excellent hatch rate so I can send you an awesome variety of species & breeds! I think they'll have a great life on your 10 acres (=

Quote:
Added! lol what crazy egg chain are you speaking of friend?

the crazy egg chain here at byc.
it's under the chicken stock meet up thread. there is also a 24 hour auction thread there as well.​

Great pics fuffy! I'm not so sure they are fertile tho...then again maybe you just have a week candle light. Tip: To look for the easiest veins to see always candle from the large end where the air cell should be. The light illuminates the air pocket and them starts to penetrate the solid mass....but the first few centimeters are almost as lit up as the air cell should be...and right their is the bet place to spot veins

Thanks so much for the tip KogersClutch
thumbsup.gif
!
I'll try that next week. Have got a better light coming down.
PLEASE keep everything crossed!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

All I really want is a pullet each from the legbars and the buffys
jumpy.gif

Your 'new' bator looks like fun
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom