June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

I just joined today. These swaps are such an awesome idea! Now I'm gonna have to learn to quilt!! Anyone have any idea as to a good place to start?
Can you sew two squares together? or cut 2 squares into triangles? then you can make a block and you can quilt, I have never quilted or made a block before starting here and I have now made 3 baby blankets, to practice on before I use our beautiful blocks and am getting ready to put together my first quilt for our bed. I have gotten help from our swappers (I say swappers because we have a gentleman among us, ID unknown but very welcomed)and the youtube has been very helpful. If your serious and want to join us look at the block we have chosen for this swap and the colors and let me know if you would like in, the secret to great blocks is how accurate you cut your shapes and remember to add the 1/4 inch for sewing.

Is it
Can you sew two squares together?  or cut 2 squares into triangles? then you can make a block and you can quilt,  I have never quilted or made a block before starting here and I have now made 3 baby blankets, to practice on before I use our beautiful blocks and am getting ready to put together my first quilt for our bed.  I have gotten help from our swappers  (I say swappers because we have a gentleman among us, ID unknown but very welcomed)and the youtube has been very helpful.  If your serious and want to join us look at the block we have chosen for this swap and the colors and let me know if you would like in, the secret to great blocks is how accurate you cut your shapes and remember to add the 1/4 inch for sewing.

Is it ok to sew them by hand? I don't own a sewing machine, my ex decided it'd be nice to give his new gf. Lol Never really even had time to learn to use it anyway b4 then. Hmm. Sounds like a good Christmas wish list item!! But surely I can manage cutting squares and triangles and sewing them together. Any combo of greens and whites correct?

Is it

Is it ok to sew them by hand? I don't own a sewing machine, my ex decided it'd be nice to give his new gf. Lol Never really even had time to learn to use it anyway b4 then. Hmm. Sounds like a good Christmas wish list item!! But surely I can manage cutting squares and triangles and sewing them together. Any combo of greens and whites correct?
hand sewing is good we have some here that do that and yes any combo of the colors you are the artist, you will have to have the finished block 12.5x12.5 inches and a total of 16 blocks, they need to be ready by or as close to June 1st is when they are due and when you are ready to send them you can PM Marty1876 and she will give you her address, you also include a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) we find that the mailers at the Post office that if it fits it ships for one low price works well. Then Marty1876 gets all of the blocks sorts them and then we get to stalk the mailman, it's great fun. So are you in?

This is who I have signed up so far:
Marty1876
Katsdar
Fenrosie
Pharmgirl
Mynikafl
Lacy Blues
Majack
Kimmie6067
babymakes6
CarolineNH
Abbynormal
HillBillyHeart
Sonderah

We need 3 more to be full

It is so exciting to watch as people join us, welcome to HillBillyHeart and Sonderah, Can't wait to get started on my blocks, I still need to find my background color though, but I am going to a Quilt Shop in Cedar Key this weekend with a 20% off coupon, couldn't get much better than that. Hope everyone has a beautiful day, stay warm.

Thanks for all the "welcomes". Planning to run into town tomorrow to pick up the fabric for the swap as I just went through the stash and seem to be running low on 'greens'. Happy quilting, everyone!

Didn't manage to make it to get fabric, or an oil change lol, today. I was sooo excited too! But ended up with a sick kiddo coming home from school this morning, then a sudden mandatory 7 hr round trip. Tomorrow!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom