June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

Quilters, we have had one to drop out of the April 30th swap, so we have an opening, any style of block but you must have at least one chicken fabric that has chickens in it or a chicken design, so if anyone here is interested let me know ASAP oh or turkey just needs to be a bird and fall colors

Last edited:
Got a new sewing machine today!!!! And all my stuff I need to start my blocks, including a few books from the library. Lol Here goes nothing!!

Woohoo! Congrats on the new machine!!!! Glad your lil' girl is ok! Mine is playing hookie from school tomorrow to go get chicks with me :)!

Congrats Sonderah! Hand piecing has it's place but machine piecing is SO much faster! I'd probably never finish anything if I had to hand piece each quilt top. Good luck to ya!

Thanks all! Now... I just have to learn to use it. Lol!!!! It came with a DVD, so surely I can manage. I taught myself to crochet all kinda of things, so I have faith. Lol

Quilters, we have had one to drop out of the April 30th swap, so we have an opening, any style of block but you must have at least one chicken fabric that has chickens in it or a chicken design, so if anyone here is interested let me know ASAP oh or turkey just needs to be a bird and fall colors

Could a few of us who have finished, or almost finished volunteer to make some extra blocks? I don't know that I'd be able to do 12 blocks but I could probably swing either 4 or 6. Would that make it too difficult to redistribute?

I guess I'll start cutting fabric again for that block... unless someone volunteers to step up and do 12?

Looked around today in the closest fabric shop to me, no chicken/turkey fabric. If I can find some fabric for that swap over the next few days, I'll let ya know. Leary about ordering online, the only time I have done so, I was truly disheartened that the fabric I received didn't look like the pic. Maybe one day I'll find a use for it.

If you go to eBay, there are some nice fabrics that are exactly as pictured. Check the ratings for each seller you consider. There are some nice fabrics there and I have been 99% pleased with all the deals I've made. I say 99% because there was only one seller that didn't have what she had pictured. She bent over backwards to try and make sure I was happy so it was a good experience overall, and I did get some nice fabric, just not what was pictured. I haven't let that one experience hold me back, nor should you, but of course its your decision. I'm just letting you know that my experience has been very good.

OK, I'll take your advice to heart and see what I can come up with. I have to go to Lexington tomorrow anyway so I may check out a couple of shops there. One of these days, I'm going to open a shop here in the town I live in so people around here don't have to drive 15-20 miles just for a spool of thread...that business plan is still in the 'dreaming' stages, though. Right now, I'm enjoying the PTO and sick time and 401K my job provides me with. Just wish I could take my machine to work with me, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom