June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

Thanks all! Now... I just have to learn to use it. Lol!!!! It came with a DVD, so surely I can manage. I taught myself to crochet all kinda of things, so I have faith. Lol
If you taught your self to crochet then this is a piece of cake, my mother didn't have the patience to teach me to crochet, my girl friend in high school tried and finally put me onto quilting, but I had more than half of the shapes cut out and my brother found my box and thought it was trash and threw it away, and I had never touched it again until now. With the crocheting I just can't count stitches, I can chain oh well, I made clothes instead.

If you taught your self to crochet then this is a piece of cake, my mother didn't have the patience to teach me to crochet, my girl friend in high school tried and finally put me onto quilting, but I had more than half of the shapes cut out and my brother found my box and thought it was trash and threw it away, and I had never touched it again until now.  With the crocheting I just can't count stitches, I can chain oh well, I made clothes instead.  
Yeah I tried for yrs to get someone to teach me. Finally I decided to try to do it on my own. YouTube has some AMAZING tutorial videos. I started with sock caps. Made everyone one for Christmas. Then moved on to purses, and newsboy hats. Then finally my first throw, and just finished a GORGEOUS shawl for my mom for Mothers Day. Now I'm making my dad a rubics cube pillow for Father's Day. U can learn ANYTHING between google and you tube!!! I need to find a desk or table today for my sewing machine, then I will be you tubing away til I get this all figured out!! Lol

Is it

Is it ok to sew them by hand? I don't own a sewing machine, my ex decided it'd be nice to give his new gf. Lol Never really even had time to learn to use it anyway b4 then. Hmm. Sounds like a good Christmas wish list item!! But surely I can manage cutting squares and triangles and sewing them together. Any combo of greens and whites correct?
Whats really good is a rotary cutter, mat, and ruler. You will get accurate pieces. In piecing you have to be accurate so everything will match up. This swap we all have to do the same block in greens and white only. Boy out of all the fabric I have I couldn't find green and white. I found green with brown and white etc but no just green and white. I have to go buy some now. Darn I have to walk into a fabric store and buy fabric, lol.

Kimmie

Finished!!
I didn't have green and white either- this is the first swap I have had to buy fabric for!
Majack has my blocks for this and April swap so as soon as she is done they will be on their way... No pressure Mary!
Can we all wish her Father Happy Birthday , he will be 90! Wow

Back
Top Bottom