June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

Forgot to add all this talk about food is making me hungry.  I am Southern born/raised so homemade biscuits and gravy with bacon & eggs is my favorite meal.  Of course the gravy has to be made with bacon grease!  One day in the very near future I am sure my doctor is going to tell me I can no longer have this meal but until then it is a once a week meal at our house.  :D   and must have either home canned wild blackberry jam/jelly or homemade/canned apple butter.

dang!  must go eat now

LOL! Definitely-hands down-my favorite meal-any time of the day!

Nice block, congrats your a natural, if you alternate the direction you iron the square after you sew your triangles together they will nest together and that is how I get my points to line up but I'm still working at it too and I pin everything. I have not squared up my blocks because I'm scared I will mess them up and my husband did my blocks that I did for the baby blanket, but I bought the 12 in square template so I can do it this time.

Forgot to add all this talk about food is making me hungry. I am Southern born/raised so homemade biscuits and gravy with bacon & eggs is my favorite meal. Of course the gravy has to be made with bacon grease! One day in the very near future I am sure my doctor is going to tell me I can no longer have this meal but until then it is a once a week meal at our house.
big_smile.png
and must have either home canned wild blackberry jam/jelly or homemade/canned apple butter.

dang! must go eat now
Ok, you've talked me into it... uncle uncle... I'll be there for breakfast tomorrow morning! Yum yum yum!
droolin.gif

Nice block, congrats your a natural, if you alternate the direction you iron the square after you sew your triangles together they will nest together and that is how I get my points to line up but I'm still working at it too and I pin everything. I have not squared up my blocks because I'm scared I will mess them up and my husband did my blocks that I did for the baby blanket, but I bought the 12 in square template so I can do it this time.
Is your 12" square template actually 12-1/2 inches? If so, I'd like to know where to get one, assuming it is clear and I can see what is under it? I think squaring it up for the last time is the most difficult part and a clear template or acrylic square of that size would make life so much easier.

Last edited:
Ok, you've talked me into it... uncle uncle... I'll be there for breakfast tomorrow morning! Yum yum yum!
droolin.gif

Is your 12" square template actually 12-1/2 inches? If so, I'd like to know where to get one, assuming it is clear and I can see what is under it? I think squaring it up for the last time is the most difficult part and a clear template or acrylic square of that size would make life so much easier.

LOL! You can sit and eat with us and listen to your arteries clogging!

I picked up my acrylic 12 1/2" square for the last block exchange I did on here. I think I got mine at Walmart and its clear with the typical orange and black lines.

droolin.gif

Hi, yes it is the 12.5x12.5 clear acrylic orange and black lines, and the cheapest place is Walmart I think it was about 8 dollars, and we are all to meet at littlechicklett's house for an artery clogging breakfast, bring your squares and the pros can square them for us.
big_smile.png

Hi, yes it is the 12.5x12.5 clear acrylic orange and black lines, and the cheapest place is Walmart I think it was about 8 dollars, and we are all to meet at littlechicklett's house for an artery clogging breakfast, bring your squares and the pros can square them for us.
big_smile.png

LOL. just let me know when you plan on showing up and I will buy extra!

Back
Top Bottom